Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Rashes over genitalia, Symptoms of HIV infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   I am trying to diagnose whether I have genital warts, skin tags, or something else.     
User :   A few months ago I noticed these bumps on my pubis area and the end of my shaft. I have only had one sexual partner who has shown no signs of symptoms. We have used protection every time. I have also shaved this area before. Could these be genital warts, skin tags, or something else? I have a picture.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello. can you see the message i sent previously?
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   May I know a few details?
User :   yes.
User :   what do you need to know?
Doctor :   Please give your Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status
User :   19 Male, xxxxx Student, Not married
Doctor :   Are these bumps hard in nature?
Doctor :   How big are they?
User :   i have a picture. should i give you the link/
Doctor :   Yes, please
User :   some are very red because i tried picking at them before and i have just shaved
User :   for the most part they are just pink
Doctor :   That looks more like a rash
User :   could they be skin tags?
User :   the bumps are raised.
Doctor :   Since you are having it over months
Doctor :   it is better to visit a dermatologist, as it could be an STD
Doctor :   STD is asymptomatic in many cases
User :   if you do not think they are genital warts what could they be?
Doctor :   so its hard to say who has it
Doctor :   They look more like petichiae
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor