Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Rashes between elbow and arms - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   this is Dr. XXX
Doctor :   How may help u?
User :   hi
User :   i have some skin related issue
User :   will you be the right person to help me through
Doctor :   please go ahead with ur query.
User :   ok great
User :   thanks
User :   i have some rahesh kind of on my arms
User :   rashes
User :   above elbow
Doctor :   ok
User :   i visited multiple doctors including dermatologist for that
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   What did they say?
User :   every one has given some unique reason
User :   i got benifited wid only one of them
Doctor :   What was the diagnosis?
User :   she said its because of vitamin A deficiency
Doctor :   OK
User :   i had medicin fr 2 months and was applying it regulerly so it was fine
Doctor :   That is rare
User :   as soon as i stopd i got it back again
Doctor :   What were u applying.
User :   tarzt
User :   nd two other medicins i dont remeber the nam
User :   i was having Casera
User :   nd vitamin A tblt
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   There are different causes of skin rash.
Doctor :   Can u just describe the rash
Doctor :   What is the color?
Doctor :   is it wet or dry?
User :   dry
User :   no itching
User :   slightly red
User :   but some of them are as same as skin color
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   Are there any whitish scales
User :   ?
User :   means
Doctor :   See the rash will there
Doctor :   on the rash there will white scales
Doctor :   lu can peel them out
Doctor :   do u have them
Doctor :   If u have scales on the rash
User :   very few of them are like as u described
Doctor :   it looks white
Doctor :   and u can just peel them
User :   others i cant peal them out
User :   nopp
Doctor :   what are the mains sites
Doctor :   elbows
Doctor :   and...
User :   not elbow
User :   its on arms above elbow
Doctor :   OK
User :   between shoulder and elbow
User :   nd back
Doctor :   It is probably eczema
User :   on back they are starting now
User :   but it didnt itch at all
Doctor :   There are different reasons for rash
Doctor :   what u describe looks Ezcema
Doctor :   Again it needs to examined before making the possible diagnosis
Doctor :   Diagnosis means what is the name of rash
Doctor :   So, I recommend you to have a biopsy done by dermatologist.
Doctor :   Once we find the exact reason, the treatment and expectations vary.
Doctor :   But Whatever the rash , applying Tar, Vit A cream will help
Doctor :   in addition regular skin is help ful
Doctor :   Do nobath with water
Doctor :   Use mild warm water
Doctor :   after bath, apply moisturizer.
Doctor :   When the rash get bad , u needs tartar, vit A cream and Other advanced medicines.
Doctor :   as I told u need diagnosis
User :   i hv already visited all odcs
User :   as i told u
User :   including homeo
Doctor :   Did answer ur question?
User :   aurvedic
Doctor :   OK
User :   homeopathic
Doctor :   I dont rely on them
User :   left me with more of confusion
User :   but anyways as its a skin issue u or no one can give solution until seen so
Doctor :   My piece of advice as a allopathic doctor, according to guidelines,
User :   nd alopathic as well
User :   i hv already visited
User :XXX
User :   dr XXXXXXXX XXX
Doctor :   if u have long standing rash and want to know what is the reason u need to have biopsy
User :   hmm ok
User :   can u suggest one good demotologist
User :   ?
Doctor :   First thing u need to do is , get appointment with Dermatologist
Doctor :   and ask him to do biopsy
Doctor :   and ask him u want to know what is the disease name.
User :   i should not advice doctor , let see if they find a need of it
Doctor :   No
User :   as i have seen dis with many girls
Doctor :   u can
Doctor :   If you have long standing rash u need to know rhe reason
User :   ok
Doctor :   I can tell few dermalogist
User :   ya please
Doctor :   u can find them on our site
Doctor :   Whre do u live?
Doctor :   Which city do u live
Doctor :   Which city do u live
User :   XXX
User :   XXX
Doctor :   Dr. XXX XXX
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor :   u got it
User :   ya
User :   the same doc
User :   i told u
User :   i visted
User :   she gave me vitamin A prescription
User :   i will go and see her again
User :   let see
Doctor :   Call these doctors
Doctor :   But whom ever you may consult
Doctor :   ask him do biopst and find the reason
User :   ok thanks
Doctor :   Alright
Doctor :   So it ia chronic problem
Doctor :   You dont need to understand any chronic problems need investigation
Doctor :   and the basic investigations is biopsy
Doctor :   and some other labtests
Doctor :   like Rhematois factor, ANA
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   I hope I answered ur querriesa
Doctor :   After the results follow with me
Doctor :   Then we work together on ur health
Doctor :  
Thank you for
Doctor :   consulting
Doctor :   Bye
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor