Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Rash on back - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   I have a question about a rash on my father on his back... it is in a ring like shape.. red on the outside.. but is like a flaky skin in the middle
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   since how long he has this rash?
User :   It is probably about the size of a half dollar
User :   my mom said about a month
User :   It itches on and off
User :   i have had ring worm before.. and this doesnt look llike that
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is the rash spreading to other parts of body
User :   there is another small spot on the lower back.. just below the belt line
User :   the bigger on is about mid back
User :   one
Doctor :   does he have any medical problems or taking any medicine as of now?
User :   no
Doctor :   does your father have histry of allergy or asthma
User :   no
Doctor :   is there any discharge from the rash ?
Doctor :   is the rash red in color?

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor