Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Raised bruise under the right butt - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
how can i help you?
User :   i have a strange bruise/keloid looking thing under my right butt cheek about 2 inches long. it has been there for almost 2 months. it feels like there's something under the skin; i am suspecting it's a cyst maybe. just today i noticed it's turned purple like a bruise (before today it had no extraordinary color). This new coloration concerns me.
Doctor :  
User :   any ideas on what it might be??
Doctor :  
please give some time to go through your history
User :   okay
User :   by 'keloid' i mean kind of raised, you know?
Doctor :  
User :   it's like there's something underneath the skin
User :   questions for me?
Doctor :   i will need to ask you few more questions, can i proceed?

User :   sure
Doctor :  
please provide me ur age
Doctor :  
and gender
User :   23, female
User :   married with 1 kid
User :   white
Doctor :  
do you have fever along with the bruise changing color?
Doctor :  
User :   no other symptoms whatsoever!
User :   and if i sit on it wrong it hurts actually
Doctor :  
User :   but other than that pain, no other symptoms in the least, besides what you see
User :   it's kind of freaking me out.
Doctor :  
is this hard to touch? or is thr any tenderness?
User :   it is hard to the touch, yes. it feels like something's underneath the skin!
Doctor :  

Doctor :  
have taken any treatment for this?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor