Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Radioactive isotobe scaning of the bones - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Cancer
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello
Doctor :  
How can I haelp you?
User :   Tommorow i am willing to have a bones test using a radioactive
User :   subsence
User :   what are the risks of it?
User :   Should i go through this test?
Doctor :  
I will explain to you.
Doctor :  
Bone test is done for various problems.
Doctor :  
Using a radioactive substance is one of the various problems.
User :   should i get another opnion before having this test??
User :   i am afaraid of the radiation
Doctor :  
exposure to high energy radioactive substances can cause many problem like hair loss, bone marrow supppression.
User :   o.k, but i am going to pass it only once
User :   should i do it or not?
Doctor :  
But they use only low energy radioactive substance while testing.
User :   the doctors don't affraid of cancer
Doctor :  
su you can be less apprehensive
Doctor :  
And you can go ahead with the test.
User :   they affarid of little bones breaks
Doctor :  
User :   is it worthwile doing it? is there another way to check the bones?
Doctor :  
may i know the reason for having this test?

Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor