Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Quit smoking, nicotine patches - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Drug Abuse
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hello
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Dear Sir, I want to quit smoking... Can you please suggest some way to do it?
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   I can help you
Doctor :   First you should know that if you fail to quit smoking you have to try again
User :   Alright
Doctor :   and the number of times you have to try is unlimited
User :   okay

User :   Will nicotine patches help?
Doctor :   First you can seek help from the de addiction professional
User :   And are they available
Doctor :   who can prescribe you alternative
Doctor :   like gums, patches, lozenges etc
User :   alright
Doctor :   which cause less effects than smoke
Doctor :   and at the same time you have to knwo that there are some withdrawl effects of smoking
Doctor :   and he will counsel you on how ot overcome those effects
Doctor :   There are some medicines too
Doctor :   which help in smoking
User :   But I can't find any doctor who can help me quit smoking...
Doctor :   depending on the req he may prescribe you that
User :   because I don't think patches or gums are available in india
Doctor :   There are professional de addiction specialist
User :   Can you connect me to one of them?
Doctor :   pscyhotherapist are also trained in them
User :   okay
Doctor :   Psychiatrist can refer yu to some
Doctor :   in your city
Doctor :   Do not neglect to contact them asap
Doctor :   basis

Doctor :   because it is the most imp goal
Doctor :   for you
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor