Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Query on alcohol intake, cholesterol levels - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Please type your query here. Since this query is directed to our panel of specialists and super-specialists, please mention your problem in as much detail as possible. Do not forget to highlight your Age, Gender, Medical History and Treatment History of the problem you are facing.
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here.
Doctor :   Please proceed with your health query
User :   hi doctor, i have alcohol twice a week - 240 ml, please let me know if the same is above the normal limit
Doctor :   it is within normal limits provided you do not have history of fatty liver or cholesterol problems
User :   havent done a health check for almost 2 years, do i need to undergo a health-check, i am 34 yrs of age
Doctor :   yes, after 30 years of age complete health check-up is recommended every year
User :   what is the permissible cholestrol levels for a normal person
Doctor :   total cholesterol levels should not increase above 200mg%
User :   can i only do a cholestrol test, what would be the approx cost
Doctor :   doing a complete lipid profile test that includes total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, VLDL, triglycerides and the ratios is more helpful in knowing the lipids elevation pattern
User :   what wld be the approx cost
Doctor :   the lipid profile test will cost you between 350-500/- INR
User :   thanks for update doctor, take care
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   not as of now, thank u
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor