Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Query about vaginal discharges due to fungal infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hello,
I am on my period for the second day and today it is weird because i have a white chucky tissue like discharge coming out of me. I noticed it while i was peeing and thought it was a blood clot but it wasn't. There was blood and this white chucnky substance that has no odor. I am sexually active but have not had sex in 5 weeks. It feels like its trying to push its way out of me like minor pressure nothing major.... Do you know what this means?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello
Doctor :   so u r second day of periods today
Doctor :   instead of white discharge
User :   yes today is the second day of my period. I have bleeding and this white discharge it looks like chunks of wet tissue
User :   And i have a cold
Doctor :   cold is different from this
Doctor :   how manytimes you have the white discharge
Doctor :   The white discharge could be any infections in the vagina
User :   i have had white disrcharge before but it wasnt like this...
User :   the chunks i've never had
Doctor :   It could be fungal(Candia) infection
User :   What is that?
Doctor :   it it curdy
Doctor :   is it slimy?
Doctor :   fungus is gungus
Doctor :   vagina get fungal infetcions
Doctor :   treatment is application Clotrimazole vaginla cream 2 times a day for 1 weel
Doctor :   Ask pharmacist for the vaginal Clotrimazole cream
User :   normally it is slimy... i get that usaully before or after my period but today it is chucky like tissue or cottage cheese??
Doctor :   f it does not get better, consult Gybecologiost and get the vaginla examination and get the tests on vaginla smpales
Doctor :   ***COTTAGE CHEESE is fungus
User :   oh ok
User :   i have never had one before
User :   how often should you have a vaginal exam
Doctor :   Consult Gynecologi or Family Physcian
Doctor :   what country are you from?
Doctor :   I am sure vaginal clotrimazle is OTC
User :   ok i'll check for it...what about the pressure i am feeling.. it doesnt feel like a cramp
Doctor :   I see
Doctor :   the infections and discharge insdie the vagina is causing that feeling
Doctor :   But as I told you : you need vaginal exam, PAP SMEAR.
Doctor :   Qickly fic an Appointment with GYN
Doctor :   *ix
Doctor :   *fix
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor