Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Query about sex and passing kidney stones - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   I believe I passed kidney stones over the last few days. I have had them periodically over the years. I had sex with my boyfriend last night after feeling better for about 12 hours and now I feel like I have a UTI and some kidney lower back pain on my righthand side. A pressure sensation. What do you recomend
Doctor :   hello
User :   hello
Doctor :   may i know your age please ?
User :   31nyrs old
Doctor :   do you have any burning sensation while urinating ?
User :   no but a constant need to go and urinate even if there is nothing there
Doctor :   i see
Doctor :   and since how long this is going on ?
User :   since I woke up this am
Doctor :   ok well you do are having the typical signs of UTI
Doctor :   and the ONLY treatment for it is antibiotic therapy for 7 days
User :   yes I haven't had a UTI since 2001 but the symtoms are the same
User :   will azithromycin work
Doctor :   since this being a online consultation i am sorry its illegal for me to prescribe you without a physical examination
Doctor :   hope you understand that
User :   yes but if I have azithromycin can I use it or do I need to get something else
Doctor :   you need to first get a urine test done and based on the report the antibiotic is prescribed. azithromycin is on of a drug we do use
Doctor :   but then it depends on the organism causing it
User :   ok thanks...
Doctor :   your most welcome
User :   bye bye
Doctor :   good bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor