Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Query about rashes on scrotum - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   I had sex with my partner a couple of weeks ago and a day or two later he complained of itchy red pimple like bumps on his groin area and testicles. He said this had happened before with a different girl he'd had sex with, and it was caused by my bacteria interacting badly with his own causing folliculitis. He started taking a topical antibiotic and applying that once every 8 hours. The bumps started to go away but keep showing up in different places (face, armpits, side, arms). It's not a colony of bumps just a few here and there and it seems once they go away in one place they show up in another.
The bumps on his groin area and testicles were almost gone and we had slightly rough intercourse using a condom. A day later he said his testicles were broken out with the itchy bumps again.
Any idea what this could be?
I have none of the above listed symptoms, it's just him. I also just recently got tested for STDs and all my tests were negative.
We have stopped having sex, but the bumps continue to grow better then worse.
Doctor :   may i know his age please ?
User :   23
User :   he doesnt have health insurance, so we haven't been able to go get it checked out..
Doctor :   was he tested for all the STD too
Doctor :   ok
User :   yes he was tested a while back, and he was clean...
Doctor :   what about now after the eruptions
User :   no
Doctor :   well it looks more like a infection as it is responding to antibiotics
User :   well it gets better than worse..
User :   its been going on for a couple of weeks now.
Doctor :   but you see what is more important is that a test has to be taken so that the cause can be found out
User :   if it is an STD, then why wouldn't i have any of the symptoms?
Doctor :   from the symptoms you have been telling me it can even be an allergic reaction
Doctor :   and its not compulsory that the STD will transmit to the partner in all cases
Doctor :   is he taking any medications ?
User :   No he isn't.
User :   besides the topical antibiotic that he took the last time this happened.
Doctor :   are the lesions itchy ?
User :   but the last time the symptoms went away quickly.. this time they come and go.
User :   Ya they are itchy bumps not really lesions
Doctor :   can you tell me the name of the topical antibiotics he is using ?
User :   I can't remember the name. its from israel if that helps :/
Doctor :   well no
User :   sorry.
Doctor :   what color is the lesion ?
User :   red.
Doctor :   t i can think of the most LIKELY
User :   Im sorry?
Doctor :   NO PROBLEM
Doctor :   Red patches may indicate psoriasis. These patches may be scaly or smooth and may arise from the friction caused by masturbation or sexual intercourse. Typically, psoriasis of the penis responds to treatment with a steroid cream. Psoriasis is not infectious.
Doctor :   now whats important is that he MUST see a dermatologist
User :   why would he have these psoriasis outbreaks on his chest and arms and stuff?
Doctor :   as early intervention can cause a permanent cure
Doctor :   yes it can be on any part of his body
Doctor :   tests are CRUCIAL to diagnose the right problem
Doctor :   and please its NOT advisable to take antibiotics without prescription
User :   What doesnt make sense is that he flares up when hes just around me.
User :   we dont have sexual contact or anything of that nature and it'll get worse the next morning.
User :   and its not really red patches either..
User :   more like little bumps. scattered. not lesions either.
Doctor :   thats because its a underlying disease and unless its fully treated it comes back . he needs a complete course of antibiotics
User :   well i looked up pictures of psoriasis and it looks nothing like that.
Doctor :   there is also a skin condition
Doctor :   called lichen planus
Doctor :   kindly dont let GOOGLE be your physician . in real life the condition can present in many ways . thats why we have specific tests to rule out and to confirm the diagnosis
User :   So would doctor would be the best to go to
User :   theres no sense of us spending money at one doctor so he can tell us to go to another to get different tests.
User :   we were hoping we could go to a free clinic for this
Doctor :   sure i understand your concern
Doctor :   yes you can
Doctor :   you need to see a DERMATOLOGIST
User :   ok
User :   thanks
Doctor :   your most welcome
Doctor :   take care
Doctor :   good bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor