Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Query about prolonged periods - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice
User :   Hi, I am 18 and have never been on any birth conlrol pills or anything to regulate my period and have never had sex. Also, there have been no changes in my lifestyle that should effect my period but it has now been ongoing for 10 days when it usually lasts 5. Should I see an obgyn abou this or just my family doctor?
Doctor :   How can u help u ?
User :   should i see an obgyn
User :   ?
Doctor :   can u tell me at what age did u have ur first peirod ?
Doctor :   are u there ?
Doctor :   At ur age it is common to have irregular periods or peolonged periods
Doctor :   *prolonged
Doctor :   I would advice u to see your gynae, who will help u with period regulation
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor