Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Query about infectious disease due to sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hello, is there a doctor there?
Doctor :   how can I help you?
Doctor :   please proceed with your health query
User :   I have what I think might be a skin issue that I'd like to have help with
Doctor :   ok. am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   I have very Small flesh colored bumps that come and go - they are on the under part of foreskin, no itching, no pain, no discharge or anything unusual - been screened for all std's and am negative. Bumps sometimes reduce in number greatly, then sometimes get worse. Area is easily irritated but also improves in appearance when skin retracted and airs out a bit. Urine and moisture in general seems to irritate the bumps. If it gets red and I air it out, the redness goes away quickly.
Doctor :   let me read what you have typed
User :   k
Doctor :   ok. are you sexually active?
User :   no...used to be, but not any more for last three years only a couple times with long term monogomas girlfriend
Doctor :   is the problem worse after sexual activity? did these start after sexual contact?
User :   hadn't had sexual activity more than a few times in three years and didn't notice any difference.
Doctor :   if the redness and bumps go away with exposure to air, then there could be issue with the moisture itself. yeast infections thrive better with moisture. was any swab test done (during peak of problem) to rule out yeast infections?
Doctor :   do you have problem of excessive sweating?
Doctor :   do you use tight fitting undergarments?
User :   i have tried lots of treatment, ended up with a yeast infection due to a honey an dtumeric treatment, and the bumps practically went all away with that monostat
Doctor :   do you use soap or any cleaning agent to wash the area?
User :   no excesssive sweating or undergarments
User :   I do wake up sweaty in the groin area though....
Doctor :   ok. in that case try with these steps. the problem does seem to be due to obvious infection.
User :   I have tried many different things in regards to soaps, from natural soaps, to baking soda, apple cider vinegar, bleach baths
User :   can I put up a link with something that looks similar?
Doctor :   1) drink about 10 glasses of water everyday. and atleast 2 glasses before going to sleep
Doctor :   yes you can give the link
User :   i have tried lots of water and even juicing. I have no insurance, have been laid off for a long time so didnt go get a swab
Doctor :   2) avoid using soaps or any harsh agents. the area is sensitive, these can make the problem worse
User :   here are a couple of links WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   3) consider getting a swab test and culture done to rule out any infections
User :   and this one WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   Fordyce spots are common and normal to happen, do not worry about them follow above instructions
User :   after using monostat for 2 weeks it did look normal, but it came back. Can bumps like this be due to yeast
Doctor :   and also wear loose fitting and cotton undergarments
User :   but can these bumps go away and come back liek that? fordyce?
Doctor :   monostat curing it could suggest a yeast infection
User :   I have always worn loose fitting undergarments
Doctor :   a culture will confirm if it is due to yeast infection
Doctor :   yeast infections are common as I said with moisture, you can get re-infected easily
User :   These are under the skin, the little bumps. And we originally though it was fordyce too but it comes and goes which i didn't think fordyce did
Doctor :   yes, that is why I suggest a culture test
User :   I don't know what the yes is responding to.. Does that mean yes, fordyce can come and go?
Doctor :   go ahead with getting it done. and take treatment as indicated by the test result. visit a urologist or andrologist for an examination to confirm findings and correlate with your symptoms and test results
User :   we put crushed garlic on it and it got really inflammed, then the bumps really reduced
Doctor :   yes, i meant to say that fordyce does not comes and goes, yeast infection can cause you these symptoms, hence a culture test was recommended
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
User :   Im trying to narrow it down which is why Im here, No insurance, no work for a long time, my wife is supporting us.
User :   You're saying to go to a urologist and drink lots of water and wear loose garments.
Doctor :   ok. as I said avoid using harsh substances, use only warm clean water to clean the area
User :   Other than the urologist, we've already done all of this
User :   we already do all of these things....which is kind of why we are here to see what might possible cause these sorts of bumps that we havne't though
Doctor :   without a proper examination and correlation with test results, exact diagnosis cannot be made.
User :   I understand that, I'm tryign to explore possibilities.
User :   Is this something one would see a dermatologis for?
User :   are you saying that yeast infection in men, uncircumsized, can cause these sorts of bumps
Doctor :   you can see either a urologist, andrologist or a dermatologist. all three can help you
Doctor :   yeast infection can cause these symptoms. and not all uncircumcised men have these issues, so uncircumcision and symptoms cannot be related
User :   I have put topical probiotic (organic plain yogurt ) on it and it soothed it but didnt reduce bumps.
Doctor :   ok
User :   Until I have the resources to see a doctor, should I do the monostat?
User :   I tried lamisil and it didn't do anything, only the monostat
Doctor :   monostat does help in these infections
Doctor :   you can use it agin and se e if it helps
User :   we did the generic monostat, but it didn't help, only the brand name stuff
Doctor :   but getting examination and tests as recommended will help to narrow down the diagnosis
Doctor :   and help with getting problem resolved
User :   and when I did the garlic and it really irritated the skin, it then got better...could that inflammation have had anything to do with these going away
Doctor :   do not delay your visit to the any of the recommended specialists
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor