Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Query about infections in urinary tract - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   hi ive got 40-45 pus cells in my urine test
Doctor :   hello
User :   hi ive got 40-45 pus cells wts the remedy for it
User :   hello sir
Doctor :   tell me your symptoms ?
User :   firstly i had high fever
User :   now its gone with antibiotics
Doctor :   also your age and gender please
User :   f25
User :   my doctor suspected typhoid
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   and what all tests were done ?
User :   but fever is gone now but todays report shows 40-45 pus cells wt should i do
User :   blood tests
User :   urine tests
Doctor :   since when you had the fever ?
Doctor :   and how long you took the antibiotics ?
User :   i had for 8 days
User :   for 5 days
User :   im using mahacef plus
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   and what are your present symptoms ?
User :   itching occasionallly
Doctor :   any burning sensation while urination ?
User :   little
Doctor :   you have typical UTI and for the the course is antibiotics
Doctor :   you might have to extend the course
User :   how long should i tke the course for sir
User :   wt r the antibiotics for it
Doctor :   you need to ask your doctor for extended prescription its usually for a week more
Doctor :   UTI is caused by organisms
Doctor :   and antibiotics kills them
User :   my report also shows epithelial cells 30-35 hpf pus cells 40-45 hpf
Doctor :   dont worry the cure is 100%
User :   is it a minute problem sir
Doctor :   yes pus cells and epithelial cells indicate this
Doctor :   dont worry
Doctor :   you will be fine
Doctor :   its nothing serious
User :   do i need to b hospitalized for it or only antibiotics will cure it
Doctor :   just extended course will treat you
Doctor :   no hospitalization is required
User :   wt r the reasons for this problem sir
Doctor :   its common in women
Doctor :   infected agent can be from urine
User :   i got this problem of itching only after intercourse after marrige recently
Doctor :   the antibiotics will be sufficient
Doctor :   does you husband has any itching ?
User :   no sir
User :   wt care should be taken in future to avoid this
Doctor :   just drink lots of water
Doctor :   and keep your genital area clean and dry
User :   ok
Doctor :   thats all
User :   any prescribed antibiotics that you can suggest
Doctor :   i am sorry since this is a online consultation its illegal for me to prescribe without examination
Doctor :   your physician can do that for you
User :   is high temperature that i got recently is because of this pus cells
Doctor :   yes thats true
User :   i got s.typhi o positive 1in 80 dil and s.typhi h titre positive 1 in 80 dil
User :   but todays tests show less than 1 in both cases
Doctor :   thats good
Doctor :   all you need is a extended course and you will be fine
User :   do i need to worry about fever and chill agian when i start the course
Doctor :   no not at all
Doctor :   it wont come back
Doctor :   be regular with teh medications
User :   ok so its a small problem nothing to worry is it
User :   k
Doctor :   yes nothing to worry
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor