Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Query about indulging in intercourse after several years and hence painful - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hello, my bf and I had sex for the second time yesterday. It was several years before I've had sex, so I was very sore and so is he. he says it hurts when he urinates now, but we don't have any veneral disease. He did hit my uterus with his penis and I have uterine fibroids. What could be causing his pain?
Doctor :   Hi ,
User :   hello
User :   hello?
Doctor :   The pain i consider to be due to friction and stretchins of the ligaments attached to the uterus
Doctor :   and also due to stretching of the vaginal wall
User :   but he says he's sore
User :   that it hurts when he urinates
Doctor :   Is it same with him ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   i mean having the intercourse after long time ?
User :   no
User :   he had it one month ago
Doctor :   ok, one month is not too long but yes enough long where the urethral walls get roughened
User :   ok
Doctor :   the ejaculation and the acidic secretions of the cervix and vagina would caus the soreness
User :   but why would it only hurt when he urinates?
Doctor :   it can be wel combated by drinking more water
Doctor :   the urethra goes into the spasm .
User :   he's never had that before
User :   and he's had sex with other people
User :   but now it hurts when he urinates
User :   and I don't have a yeast infection or anything
Doctor :   the sentivity of the urethral wall increases if exposed to vaginal secretions ( if wit a long gap ) hence the reflex spasm
Doctor :   are you sure you do not have any abnormal discharge / bad smell ?
User :   absolutely
Doctor :   ok, then i can assure you that you have not transferred any infection to him
User :   so then why would he have this pain?
Doctor :   its due the Vaginal secretions , and the acidity of the secretion varies from female to female and also during the cycle
Doctor :   due to hormonal differences
Doctor :   as i told the pain is due to spasm o the urethra
User :   ok. I understand
Doctor :   and it could be due to minute abrations created y the acidic secretions
User :   I did drugs a couple of nights before
Doctor :   no , relation of the drug
User :   so my acid levels were probably pretty high
User :   no relation?
Doctor :   but since the urethra of your partner is sore now he is prone for infections , hence advice him to drink more water , which will prevent the infection
User :   ok
User :   if I had vd, would it take effect that fast?
Doctor :   yes, the PH (acidity dpends on varius factors like hormonal levels and the day of the cycle

Doctor :   I m sorry , may i know what vd is ?
User :   venereal disease
User :   like if I had something like herpes, would he see symptoms that fast?
Doctor :   oh , no any VD has its own incubation period which may be not les than 1 week in commonly occuring ones
User :   if I had herpes and I wasn't shedding the virus, and there was no outbreak
User :   could he still catch it? and if so, it would take up to a week?
Doctor :   and moreover most of the times the symptoms should have been seen in you for you to be infective
User :   phew
User :   so how long would it be until he saw any symptoms if he did catch that?
Doctor :   more than a week
User :   ok
User :   well, there were no sypmtoms fortunately
Doctor :   do not worry ,
Doctor :   since it was long time , you are getting anxious
Doctor :   its expected
User :   ok
User :   thank you very much
User :   it is very scary that he's sore now
Doctor :   You are welcome
User :   have a good day and thanks for your help.
User :   again
Doctor :   do not worry , advice him to drink more water it will take care
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
User :   ok
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   take care
User :   ty
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor