Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Query about food poisoning - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Eating Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
User :   Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type y
User :   y
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
User :   i have had some sea food on 27 th
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   and felt pain in stomach and gastric yesterday
User :   had ornof tablet along with ordem tablet
Doctor :   ok
User :   some relief as compared to yesterday
Doctor :   were these prescribed by a doctor ?
User :   but still pain in right side of stomach and discomfort
User :   no, self medication as it seems like food poisoning
User :   a relative suggested them for food poisoning
User :   have had 2 ornof tablets today
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   It seems that you may had some food poisoning
User :   i m feeling discomfort, and pain in right side which is recurring but not acute
Doctor :   Do u have any diarrhea , ?
User :   yes im sure its food poisoning
User :   no diarrhea
Doctor :   ok
User :   had gastric yesterday but no gas today
Doctor :   Now u need to stop all medicines that you are taking
User :   some burping etc
User :   ok
Doctor :   Do u have any fever , nausea, vomiting , etc ?
User :   nope
Doctor :   In that case, symptomatic medications are needed to reduce the pain , which arises due to intestinal contractions
User :   ok
Doctor :   and then medicines to reduce the acidity also will be required as in Omez D 20 MG twice daily for a week
User :   im feeling discomfort and pain in right side of stomach and wanna take something instantly though its late at night here but can find a 24 hr chemist
Doctor :   are u having proper bowel movements ?
User :   did nt go to toilet today, yesterday went a couple of times
Doctor :   were the consistancy normal ?
Doctor :   was there any mucus ?
User :   no
User :   everything s ok
User :   just discomfort and pain in rt side
User :   tell me a good tablet for food poisoning please
Doctor :   In that case, you can take some intestinal relaxant medications , which are given by prescriptions only
Doctor :   you can take ENUFF capsules 3 times daily for 4 days
User :   there is some infection caused by food poisoning
User :   will i get enuff capsules in india?
Doctor :   here the infection is causing spasmodic contractions of the intestine
Doctor :   hence the intestinal relaxants can be prescribed by your doctor
Doctor :   yes enuff is available in india
User :   ok, will enuff treat infection as well
Doctor :   yes
User :   is enuff a antibiotic?
Doctor :   its a probiotic, which helps the gut infection
User :   dont u think i need an antibiotic?
Doctor :   all cases dont need a antibiotic
Doctor :   since u dont have fever, and other major symptoms, u will not need one
User :   ornof is an antibiotic and it did relieve me
User :   i have discomfort and pain which i wanna get rid fast
Doctor :   but u still have crampy pain , and that will not be relieved by ornof
User :   ok so what tablets do u prescribe? ill go get them rt away and take 1 dose before i sleep
Doctor :   for now, take enuff and omez as mentioned and consult your treating physician, who will provide you a intestinal relaxant, after examination of your belly and that will help u
Doctor :   take crocin for the pain , now
Doctor :   crocin 500 mg for now will help
User :   i dont have a treating physician so i ll just follow what u suggest, my belly is fine just a bit bloated, im 32 years old and fit
Doctor :   ok, for now crocin 500 mg for now will help
User :   omez is for?
Doctor :   have u followed my advice
Doctor :   it helps the acidity
User :   im not feeling any acidity
Doctor :   it is better you take omez, as it helps
User :   ok i ll go get enuff and omez
User :   thankyou
Doctor :   Self medication is harmful and is not adviceble
Doctor :   you are welcome
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor