Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Query about balantis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hello there, I'm having a problem with my penis
User :   ok
Doctor :   Please explain the problem in detail
User :   i've never done this before, i'm a little freaked out about what is happening
User :   i am 26 male, had protected sex with a woman a month ago that told me she had clamidia after we had slept with eachother.....i wasn't concerned about it at the time. A few weeks ago slept with another girl unprotected about 5 times...i currently have a very red and inflamed penis, with no discharge and very sensitive to the touch. the tip of my penis is very cold right now also
User :   i already went and got tested for stds and are waiting on the results.
Doctor :   ok
User :   i do not have discharge at all, my penis is cold at the tip also.
User :   it is very inflamed around the head and very uncomfortable
Doctor :   When there chlamydia infections, Gonorrhoeal infection is also very common
Doctor :   What u have is called balanitis
User :   how are you so sure
Doctor :   From clinical experience
Doctor :   But any way you are going to have the test results
User :   my testicles were red and sour about 2 weeks ago...that went it has moved to my penis tip...its very uncomfortable.
Doctor :   Oh!!
User :   what exactly is balanitis
Doctor :   Then you had infection in the testicles before
Doctor :   Then it speard to penis
User :   i testicles feel fine now
User :   its only been a weeks since my testicles were sour
User :   sore*
Doctor :   Redness and pain always indicates infection or inflammation
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Balanitis is infection and inflammation ofhead of penis
User :   the most inflamation is on the backside of my penis..almost like a blister like look to them...
Doctor :   Most o the time Chlamydia and gonorrhea are the cause
User :   oic
User :   even with a condom?
Doctor :   But Fungal infections are also common
Doctor :   Not happen with condom
Doctor :   I recommend you apply Clotrimazole fungal cream three times day
Doctor :   Plus
Doctor :   use antibitics for Gomnorrhea and clymidya
Doctor :   You can request the medications from ur MD
User :   i don't have health insurance here
User :   is clotrimazole otc
User :   ?
Doctor :   Monostat is the fungal cream available , I think OTC
Doctor :   yes it is OTC
User :   monostat is mostly meant for females.....can i use it?
Doctor :   Ask the Pharamcist
User :   ok
Doctor :   But the content is the same: Clotrimazole
Doctor :   Squeeze and use the medications
Doctor :   Here I am treating three infections blindly
User :   is it possible for this to not show up on an std screening?
Doctor :   No\
User :   i understand
Doctor :   If they do the test it will show but they usually dont do uit
Doctor :   They just do GC/CZ
Doctor :   GONO/CH:AMy
Doctor :   apply cream
Doctor :   Get antibiotics for 5-7 days
Doctor :   I will not usually wait for the test results
User :   is this infectious ?
Doctor :   Yes
User :   great.
User :   but i'm confused still
Doctor :   u dont need to
User :   only on my personal level though.
User :   the last girl i slept with said she was recently tested and said she was clean....must be either lying or dormant
Doctor :   DBA
Doctor :   Do not Believe Any one
User :   XXXXXXXX that
User :   i spent 5 years in the military....i definetely understand that statement
Doctor :   Do u like that...
User :   the military?
Doctor :   yea
Doctor :   the statement
User :   i hated it
Doctor :   the movie
User :   oh the statement yeah...haha makes a lot of sense
Doctor :   Yea I know military is tough , u have to sacrifice every thing
Doctor :   But i believe we learn some descipline
User :   yep....i think i asked this, but do you think my urninalsys will show the balanitis??
Doctor :   no
User :   interesting
User :   what a waste of 170 bucks
Doctor :   It will show urinary tract infection
User :   i took a home uti test...nothing came back
User :   twice
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   what u need is _antibitics
Doctor :   ur MD did not gave it
User :   i don't have an MD...i don't have health insurance
Doctor :   dude
Doctor :   but u need antibitics
User :   i'm a former military vet, with no money and no health the US...its bad
Doctor :   Go to ER and get one shotone shot enough for GOnorrhoea
Doctor :   tell them u have no money
Doctor :   There is also one time dose of pills for chlamydia
User :   whats a good otc cream i can use...1 min left
Doctor :   Ask fungal cream
Doctor :   I dont know the names
Doctor :   ask pharamcist
User :   it will burn right?
User :   ok
User :   thanks a lot
Doctor :   Just say clotrimazole or any fungal creamn
Doctor :   Bye
Doctor :   Take antibitics
Doctor :   Bye
Doctor :   Take care'
User :   take it easy...resist the NWO ;)
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor