Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Query about anxious to concieve - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   i have a quistion about trying to get pregnant what are the best ways to get pregnant the safe way
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   hi
Doctor :   May i know your age please ?
User :   21
Doctor :   Can you please redefine your question ?
User :   im trying to get pregnant and its not working i have a lil girl already but now im trying for number 2 and for some reason its not working
Doctor :   Ok, since when are you in the effort ?
User :   ?
Doctor :   i mean when was the last child birth and did you use any birth control methods after that ?
User :   she is 4 now and i took depo shot last year only one time for the 3 month period
Doctor :   ok, so now there are no birth control measures being used
User :   correct
Doctor :   Have you consulted a gynecologist for the same ?
User :   yes he was gonna give me clomid but he was telling me it can cause twins
Doctor :   Not always
Doctor :   Are your periods regular ?
User :   yes
User :   so is clomid right for me?
Doctor :   ok, i would advice you to follow simple and natural techniques before going for medications
User :   ok i have but for some reason its not working or is it just me lol....?
Doctor :   It would be calender method , wherein you get into the attempts ( intercourse ) in the fertile period of your cycle , which would be around 10th day to 18th day of your cycle
Doctor :   try this for 3 to 5 months, if it doesnt work ,i would ask you to get some tests on you and your partner
Doctor :   a follicular scan in you to determine the ovulation and a semen analysis of your partner
User :   ok like when i was 18 i went to get a pap... done and he told me i had a yeast infection but than 2 months later a nurse called and said i had cylmadia so if i did wouldnt i have been hurting
Doctor :   both will give a detailed insight into how to proceed further
User :   but i have had blood work done not to long ago in hospital
Doctor :   yes, chlamydia and yeast are infections and would have produced symptoms which notify and force for treatment
User :   but i took care of yeast so did the nurse make a mistake
Doctor :   i would not consider the blood showing the defect , as you have already a mother
Doctor :   no , i do not relate the past infection to the present scenario
Doctor :   and moreover the yeast and chalmydia are not too dangerous , do not affect fertility and are curable
User :   but i took te cream for yeast so meaning i didnt have cylamidia
Doctor :   if the infection has gone then i do not consider the chalmydia being the chance
User :   ok so if thats not the case than its just my body not doing something right to concive
User :   cause i was taking fertailecm for a month and nothing
Doctor :   i attribute blood causes as the least possibility
Doctor :   but the uterine and ovarian problems have to be ruled out first
Doctor :   and for that follow the calender method and the tests i suggested
User :   ok so where should i go for that to get tested or a ultrasound done that would cost much
User :   would not cost much
Doctor :   the follicular scan same as the ultrasound , just the ovaries being more focussed
Doctor :   and semen analysis is not a costly test too
User :   ok but i dout its him he has 3 kids and 35 years old
Doctor :   you can ask your GP or the specialist for the test , they will recommend you
User :   ok
Doctor :   Semen analysis is to test your partner fertility
Doctor :   its very sensitive test
User :   ok thank u
Doctor :   and good indicator of male fertility
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor