Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Query about adam's apple - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi what things can be wriong with adams appple
User :   wrong
Doctor :   Did you get the Barium Swallow done?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Adam's apple is a projection of the Thyroid cartilage.
Doctor :   There can be nothing wrong with it.
User :   it feels likewhenihave reflux it gets stuckin adams apple
Doctor :   That is not possible. Reflex occurs in your food pipe and adam's apple partially surrounds the wind pipe.
User :   so basiacally ihavea dmaged wind pipe?
Doctor :   These are two different passages that cannot meet
Doctor :   No
User :   fromalways touching adams apple?
User :   and pushing in on it?
Doctor :   No, that cannot happen.
User :   how tho i have difficulty breathing
User :   how is the trachea seen?
Doctor :   But it is better not to fiddle with structures like that as they can cause undue pain
Doctor :   When is the difficulty more present?
User :   always
User :   how is trachea seen?
Doctor :   Then it is due to anxiety rather than anything else.
Doctor :   By Laryngoscopy or Bronchoscopy.

Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor