Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Pus filled blisters on the penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hi
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   i have developed some septic and it's causing a lot of pain
Doctor :   Can you please put it in detail
Doctor :   what happened from the begining
User :   on my genital organ ..
User :   some septic developed a couple of days back
User :   i did dresing on my own
User :   and it started clearing off
User :   today suddenly it has started to spread
Doctor :   How did it start initially?
User :   and there are more smaller infections around it
User :   there was a small pus
User :   like you generally get on your body
User :   and mostly it goes off after 2-3 days
User :   and then it spilled and i did dressing
Doctor :   Ok do you mean a blister with pus and it goes off after 2 to 32 days
User :   used antiseptic
User :   yes
Doctor :   sorry 3 days
User :   yes .. blister it was
Doctor :   How many have come and when did they start intially?
User :   and it bursted and it seems there are more of them nearby now
User :   there are like 5-6 and I saw them just now
Doctor :   Is it at the hair follicle
User :   yes
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/No
User :   28
User :   xxxxxxx, bangalore - xxxxxxx single, no
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
User :   no
Doctor :   Do you have pain and redness?
User :   pain started after i applied sevlon
User :   and sometime while sitting
Doctor :   Do you mean you have this on the penis or the scrotum
User :   it's more on penis
User :   close to the scrotum
Doctor :   Do you see them on the hair follicle? undersurface of the penis?
User :   yes
User :   undersurface
User :   I am not sure if I understand all the terms .. i am refering to wikipedia for some of the terms
User :   So its on the lower side of the penis
User :   just before it is connected to the main body
Doctor :   Ok xxxxxxx it could probably be folliculitis
Doctor :   of the skin
Doctor :   which is a common superficial infection
User :   oh
User :   is there something i can do
User :   it hurts
Doctor :   You should not worry about
Doctor :   if it is folliculitis
Doctor :   I shall give you some home remedies
Doctor :   Apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area several times a day.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Gently wash the infected skin twice a day with antibacterial soap or apply an FUSIWAL ointment
User :   ok
Doctor :   Avoid shaving irritated skin
User :   ok
Doctor :   in future to help a boil or carbuncle burst and drain more quickly, apply a soft cloth soaked in warm salt water
Doctor :   to the affected area for about 30 minutes several times a day.
Doctor :   Ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   Did you understand
User :   should i stop cleaning the wound with sevlon
Doctor :   Put savlon in warm water and dab on it
User :   For time being .. i will wash the wound with warm water and antibacterial soap and then apply FUSIWAL ointment
Doctor :   ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   fusiwal is not req
User :   ok
Doctor :   if you are using the antibacterial soap
User :   i will try it for a couple of days
Doctor :   use one of the two
User :   and then come back
User :   ok
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form and say done when done.
Doctor :   are you there?
Doctor :   Thanks for Consulting Health care Magic. If you find this service helpful please refer your friends and family members.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor