Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Pus at the tip of the penis and its treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2572 Questions
User :   I have pus buildup at the tip of my penis right at the opening of my urethra. There has always been a small piece of extra skin there, but I used a penis pump recently and it seemed to have enlarged and bursted that small piece of skin. Now the wound will not heal and constantly fills with pus. Any help?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr AAAAAAA
User :   Hello
Doctor :   Hi , May I ask you a few questions pertaining to your problem ?
User :   Sure
Doctor :   My I know your age and are you sexually active ?
User :   i'm 23 and am not currently sexually active
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   i have had sex with someone after the injury
User :   and she has been checked for std's and was told she was clean
Doctor :   Ok, May I know if you have any systemic symptoms like fever , inflammation or any enlarged glands in the groin ?
User :   nope, none
User :   Not that I know of.
Doctor :   How about any enlarged veins or vessels on the shaft or scrotum ?
User :   No.. not that I can tell. Everything seems normal and works fine except that the "wound" will never heal.
User :   It just constantly fills with pus and I have to drain it daily.
User :   It's not painful at all, really.
Doctor :   Ok, Could you tell me since when you are exactly having this problem ?
User :   I've had this problem for about 6 months now.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Is the Urination normal or do you have any burning sensation or any pus or blood coming out ?
User :   Urination is normal.. No burning sensation or anything.
User :   I did notice that sometimes, blood would come out of the wound itself. But not much.
User :   It's usually just pus.
Doctor :   Can you come up with the description once again, Is it on the foreskin or hind skin , or the shaft or the glans of the penis ?
User :   I'm circumcized, and the wound is like.. right next to the opening of the urethra.
User :   There was always a small piece of extra skin right at the tip of my penis.
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   And when I used a penis pump, it enlarged it and it kind of bursted I guess.
User :   It's not actually an injury to the urethra I don't think.
Doctor :   When have you been Circumcized , And did the surgery go well or had any complications ?
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   I was cicumsized when I was a child. I don't remember it at all.
User :   I'm assuming everything went ok.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   You have to understand my constraint as without Physical examination i can really do very little, But i will give you a differential diagnosis and probable help to be taken.
User :   Ok, thank you. Yes I understand how hard it must be for you to diagnose this problem.
Doctor :   1. It can be a Fungal Infection to the Shaft like Cnadidiasis and super added Secondary Bacterial Infection.
Doctor :   2. It can be an E.coli or Klebsiella infection in the Urinart Tract or the Peripheral Epithelium on the Penis.
Doctor :   3. Or the Glans might be injured during some intercourse and might have got infected in subsequent sexual or even due to the normal flora of urine. intercourse or
Doctor :   I would first recommend you the following steps ;
Doctor :   Hope you are following, Do you want me to elaborate anything out there ?
User :   Oh, what we're the recommendations?
User :   I didn't get anything after you said what you would reccommend
Doctor :   1. Please abstain from any further sexual activity for at least two weeks.
Doctor :   2. Drink lots of fluids, fresh juices, fruits and veggies.
Doctor :   3. Please Use Topical Soframycin or Bactrum , Ovr the counter antiseptic ointment.
Doctor :   4. Over and above please dry mop it after every time You urinate and keep it pus free.
Doctor :   5. I would finally recommend you to see a Urologist and get a Physical examination done.
Doctor :   6. I would also recommend a simple Urine Profile Test to rule out any Major UTI.
User :   Ok
Doctor :   This will surely help you.
User :   That sounds good. I will follow your recommendations and see how things work out.
Doctor :   Do you have anything else to ask ?
User :   Uhmm..
User :   I think that should be it..
User :   Can't think of anything else to ask..
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me, And please let me know after 3-4 days and lets see if you require a dcotor's consultation and hope You get well by that time.
User :   Ok, thank you so much. Dr. AAAAAAA
Doctor :   Thank you fr consulting me
Doctor :   Take care, bye for now
User :   K thanks. Bye.
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor