Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Purulent rhinosinusitis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2572 Questions
User :   Hi, I was diagnosed with Purulent Rhinosinusitis & PND. I was advised to take these for 5 days - Levoday 500 (Once a day), Deflazacert 6mg (thrice a day) and Zeet Expectorant tab (thrice a day) - for 5 days. After 5 days, with no change in the symptoms - constant heaviness in breathing in upper part of nose, strain in upper part, right and left part of the head and the back part of head (slightly above the neck) - the doctor advised to take Mobizox (1 + 1/2 + 1/2) for 48 hours now and get back to him after that. Can you please suggest what is the problem here? Thanks.                                                            
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read your query
User :   Hello
User :   sr
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   If it is purulent rhinosinusitis
Doctor :   it obviously requires an antibiotic
Doctor :   to settle the infection
Doctor :   has your doctor not mentioned about it?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   You should discuss about it with him
User :   I'll on Monday whn I meet again
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but what about mobizox
Doctor :   Meanwhile mobizox
Doctor :   is for pain
Doctor :   do you have any pain?
User :   as i wrote above in my query - almost half of my head at various points always feels strained
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   it does help in relieving that
Doctor :   but not the nose part
User :   ok
Doctor :   for that you should take steam inhalation
Doctor :   that shall be very much helpful
User :   just wanted to know if there could be any other problem
Doctor :   and antibiotic would be of great help
User :   i am taking steam
User :   ok
Doctor :   Purulent means
Doctor :   there is pus
Doctor :   that is due to bacterial infection in the nose and sinus
User :   ok
User :   well to tell you about it completely -
Doctor :   after you recover a good exercise shall be helpful
Doctor :   to avoid such in future
Doctor :   Yes, go ahead
User :   ok
User :   i use to sneeze 10-12 times daily
User :   since childhood
User :   but from past 6-8 months or so
User :   i started feeling this continuous strain in the head and nasal blockage kind of thing
Doctor :   Ok
User :   head feel heavy most of the time
User :   difficulty in sleeping sometimes
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I would suggest you to consult an ENT surgeon about this
Doctor :   and also speak about the allergy problem
Doctor :   and allergy test as well
Doctor :   that shall be able to figure if there is any allergy
User :   i consulted an ENT surgeon and he only suggested the above medicines
Doctor :   and that shall help in the treatment decision
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   You should visit an ENT surgeon with specialization in allergy
User :   he wrote something related to allergy in the prescription but i can't understand the handwritin :)
User :   ok
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Allergy can be treated in 2 ways
Doctor :   avoid the allergen
Doctor :   or Immunotherapy if avoiding it is not possible
Doctor :   for either of which an allergy test woud be necessary
User :   ok
User :   what is imunotherapy
Doctor :   That is a form of treatment for allergy
User :   what lifestyle changes should be made?
User :   i mean - things that i should take care of in normal day-to-day life?
Doctor :   Exercise is the only part which can be done from your end
Doctor :   if you know the allergen, then you can avoid it
Doctor :   if you dont know
Doctor :   then it has to be found out
Doctor :   by the allergy test
User :   i amjust worried it there can be something deeper than this..
User :   in brain or something?
Doctor :   Such anticipations are not required
Doctor :   as you have been examined
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no, thank you. may please know your name and specializtion?
User :   thank you sir.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now
User :   i'll just take mobizox and consult ENT speacialist on Monday.
User :   thansk and bye
Doctor :   Sure

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor