Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Psychiatric illness, bipolar, depression - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Mental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
User :   Hi my name is XXXXXXXX and i think i may have a mental health problem? I am not sure exactly what i have but i have been reading alot about bipolar and have alot of these symptoms, I also know that my mother is not well but do not know what this is. I already suffer from depression and know that my behaviour is not normal. I feel very down and i can flip very easily as in go into a physco kind of mode. Please help me.....
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   May I know your age and gender?
User :   21 female
Doctor :   Symptoms of a psychiatric illness are very vague and different from each individual.
Doctor :   The symptoms described on books or any other literature forms are few of the common symptoms that are seen.
Doctor :   Counsellings with a psychologist is essential both for the diagnosis and treatment of the condition.
User :   im already on anti depresants and would just like to know if i really need to see my gp as i have pushed everyone away
User :   ive also been very suicidal
Doctor :   If you seems that your symptoms are causing problems, discuss them with a psychologist for evaluation and treatment.
Doctor :   If you have suicidal thoughts, then its absolutely necessary, that you attend these counselling.
Doctor :   You will need drugs / therapies.
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Hi
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor