Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Pseudogynecomastia - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions
User :   Hi doc, I wanted to know about gynaecomastia and their treatments.I am prefering without surgery
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Give your age?
User :   24
User :   24
Doctor :   Since when are you suffering from gynaecomastia?
User :   15 onwards
Doctor :   What was the reason for gynaecomastia?
User :   I am somewhat fatty ...74kg 165cm
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   I heard some medicines also will cause gynaecomastia...I have used rantidine for long time
Doctor :   Did you consult any doctor in this regard?
User :   No....U are the first doc
Doctor :   Then you have to get a examination from a doctor first.
Doctor :   It may not be gynaecomastia.
User :   My chest is like girl's only....I am very shy to open my shirts also
Doctor :   During infancy, puberty gynecomastia can be common.
User :   When I was in 17-21 age. my weight was 96 ....
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   After that only it came to 70-75 range
Doctor :   That could be the possible reason.
Doctor :   for Pseudogynecomastia
User :   oh....okay
Doctor :   it is a condition where there is breast enlargement due to fat accumulation.
User :   So...doc...What should I do?....
User :   MY marriage is coming in next year....I am very much depressed
Doctor :   You can join gym and can do workout on the chest area.
User :   I have tried that....It was not given any perfect result for me.....
Doctor :   You have to try harder.
Doctor :   and reduce all the fat in the area.
Doctor :   it is the best way to reduce it.
User :   Okay....I have tried gym....But ...
User :   Any medicine can cure it?
Doctor :   In your case it is probably due to fat deposition
Doctor :   i only way is to reduce fat.
Doctor :   there are medication to reduce fat.
User :   could u pls tell that medicines name?
Doctor :   You have get examined first.
Doctor :   These medication are
User :   I need to see Any specialised doctor ...
Doctor :   only prescribed in person.
Doctor :   You can see a general doctor first
Doctor :   or dermatologist.
User :   okay...U are from which place?
Doctor :   Bangalore.
User :   I am also from XXX
User :   XXX
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   Can I see u?
Doctor :   I'm available only through online chat.
User :   okay...Can u suggest anybody
Doctor :   You can visit a MD (general medicine).
Doctor :   Near by your area.
User :   okay....People are telling it requires surgery and all....Is it correct?
Doctor :   Only if it is gynecomastia.
Doctor :   In your case it is most probably Pseudogynecomastia
Doctor :   if you can reduce the fat by exercise or medication.
Doctor :   then you can go for surgery.
User :   okay....
Doctor :   Is there any thing else, i can help you with?
User :
User :   Thanks for ur info....
Doctor :   Thanks fro consulting healthcaremagic
Doctor :   bye for now
User :   Bye....Good night.....
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Other doctor chats you may be interested in
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor