Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Prostatitis and blue balls - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   i am sure i have what they call blue balls. i also have prostatitis from the age of 18. i do relief my self and most of the time the pain goes away but last week it lasted all week to the point were it was sore to walk
Doctor :   hI
Doctor :   I am Dr.
User :   hi
Doctor :   I am reading your query
User :   it has come to the point where i am in pain until i masterbate 3 days in the week and sometimes i get arosed at work by my thought and i am sore all day after that until i masterbate
Doctor :   Can you explian bLue balls means
User :   it is a condition where tempory fluid congestion of the testicles and prostate region caused by prolonged sexual arousalin the human male of accompained by acute testicular pain
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I read that in Wkedia
Doctor :   And from u
Doctor :   And just wanted to cross verify I am understanding right
Doctor :   So how many times you masturbate
Doctor :   or have real intercourse in week
User :   most days
User :   have sex twice in the week but less now as girlfriend pregent
Doctor :   ok
User :   if i get any arousal at all i end up with this pain
Doctor :   Maturabtion and ejaculation will reliwve the pain
Doctor :   Did you attempt that?
Doctor :   it is just congection
Doctor :   it is not infection
Doctor :   it is not an mergency
User :   ya i do but it is getting to the point where i am getting a mass in my groin now which goes and comes which is nearly the same size as my testicle
Doctor :   if you feel pain, athe Ibuprofen pulls ever 6 hrs
User :   are they nothing else i can do but masterbate
Doctor :   Cool compresses whe u have pain
Doctor :   apply ice when u have pain that relieve the congestion
Doctor :   Take rest
Doctor :   it is completely symptomatic management
Doctor :   You need better pain control
User :   what should i take
Doctor :   Usuallu Ibuprofen 600 mg or 800mg when u have sevre pain will relive the pain
User :   i only have 500 mg Ibuprofen can i take two
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   Max dose is 800
Doctor :   u can break it half and take 1 and 1/2
Doctor :   u can take 3 times d ay
User :   ok
Doctor :   DO you have any varicose, hydrocele
User :   varicose, hydrocele
User :   what is this
Doctor :   hydrocele is waters in scrotum
User :   i have cyst in my groin
Doctor :   u can feel like a bag with water
User :   so they tell me
Doctor :   Goin area is defferent
Doctor :   Varicolece is enlarges in veins in the testles
Doctor :   they look like warms in scroum
Doctor :   they also cause swlling
Doctor :   varicoice can cause pain
Doctor :   hydrocele usually not
Doctor :   do u have an of hese two?
Doctor :   *these
User :   i feel pain at the top of the scrotu and i do get alot of swelling at the top but i always thought it was infection
User :   wheni am in pain
Doctor :   xinfection will not persits for long time
Doctor :   Iam concerned abt the swelling
Doctor :   You say two swelling one at the top of scrotum
Doctor :   and one at the graoin
User :   ya
Doctor :   They could be Hernia
User :   one is right next to the testicle
Doctor :   Does it enlarge when cough?
User :   no
User :   i only feel them after arousal
Doctor :   Ok then it is may not be hernia
Doctor :   But it could be Caricolce
Doctor :   Because u have this problem for long time, I recommend you consult a surgery or General Practitioner.
User :   what should i do about this
Doctor :   And get the Genital examination done
Doctor :   I wan to make sure what is the swelling
Doctor :   only after physical examination Ione can tell
Doctor :   IF it is varicolce it cause pain
User :   i am going for a scan on my testicles
Doctor :   You need ultrasound of scrotunm to see the varicocele
Doctor :   Ok That is goood
User :   can they tell from the untra sound on my tescles and what should i say
Doctor :   That will detects the varicolce
Doctor :   and any other masseses
User :   my local doctor say they nothing they can do tho
User :   will the nhs operate if i have varicolce or any other masseses
Doctor :   usually just Scorital Ultrasound will be enough to detect all
User :   i in on the 11 january 2011
Doctor :   If they find the Varicole, the will grade it and treat accordingly
User :   the pain mves from left to right
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   Instead of assuming it is Blue Ball
Doctor :   Simulatanously we well focus on ultrasound and see if there is any thing abnormal
User :   i used to do alot of sports but i feel i cant because of the pain
Doctor :   Ok
User :   are they advise you can give to help do sport eg karate and running
Doctor :   x exercises for what?
Doctor :   As long as there are no massses u can do any exercise
Doctor :   presence of any mess will make worse after exercise
User :   what if i do have masseses
Doctor :   masses mean varicose and hearnia
Doctor :   Treatment depends on what is the problems
User :   should i take Ibuprofen right after exercises
Doctor :   you can
User :   ok so i will wait and see what the scan brings
User :   so i say about what we think it may be varicose and hearnia
Doctor :   Yes
User :   ok
User :   thankyou for your help
Doctor :   if they are absent u can feel safe and manage the pain conservatively
Doctor :   Tank you for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor