Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Prolonged menstruation. History of irregular periods due to PCOD. Suggest - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 10-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Doctor:Good afternoon
User:Hi Doctor
User:Good Afternoon
Doctor:xxxxxxxxx here
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User: this is XXXXXXX here
User:i am having pcod , due to which my cycles get delayed sometimes ,,, this time it got delayed for 3 months
Doctor:Sorry to hear that
User:then i started mopping the floor and i got my cycle
User:but the problem is that its been more then 2 weeks now
User:so wanted to know that shall i wait for it to get stop normally or do i need to take some medicine
Doctor:May I know your age?
User:i am 27
Doctor:You can probably wait for few more days for it to stop naturally
User:though flow is not too high
Doctor:I do not think you need to take medication at this point
User:but was wondering that is it normal to have cycle for so long
Doctor:No, it is not
Doctor:However, since you have PCOD
Doctor:It is expected to happen with irregular cycles and prolonged menstruation
User:so you suggest me wait for anthoer week ?
User:if after that also it doesnt stop then :(
Doctor:Then you can consider taking Pause MF tablet
Doctor:It will help in reducing the bleed
Doctor:You may get it prescribed by your primary care physician
User:k.. thanks doc will wait for 1 more week ,, if it still continues then will take this tablet with concern of my primaty cae physician
Doctor:that would be ideal
User:thanks , bye ,
Doctor:Thank you too
Doctor:Bye for now
Doctor:get well soon
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor