Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Problems about using toilet paper and urinate - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   For the past month or so I have had very sore and stingy skin around the clitoris. Hurts to use toilet paper and urinate. Occasional bleeding skin. Never had a problem before. I am 70 yrs. old.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   May I know if you are active sexually?
Doctor :   Do you have abdominal pain?
Doctor :   Do you find abnormal discharge along with the bleeding?
User :   No, I have not been sexually active for past three years since husband died.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there an abnormal discharge along with the bleeding?
User :   I don't have abdominal pain and no abnormal discharge. Bleeding only occasionally., but skin is very red and irritated.
User :   I have good insurance but don't know if this is something I should have my Dr. look at.
Doctor :   Do you have associated symptoms such as itching, burning sensation?
Doctor :   Do you have any other medical illness such as diabetes/high blood pressure or thyroid dysfunctions?
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   The only change I can think of is that I have been trying to stop eating sugar and therefore have eaten more foods with sugar substitutes. Could that change my urine and cause the irritation of skin? Entire vulva area is very sore, burning and itching, but not like a bad urinary infection.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
Doctor :   You are probably suffering from a genital infection - a probably a fungal one.
Doctor :   Such an illness are more common secondary to vaginal xerosis (dryness) or secondary to high blood sugars.
Doctor :   Since you report or discomfort while passing urine
Doctor :   the urinary tract may also be involved in the infection.
Doctor :   Hence my suggestions to you are
Doctor :   1. Drink plenty of water
User :   I am waiting for your suggestions. Time is running out.
Doctor :   2. Keep the region clean and avoid use of tampoons (if you been using them)
Doctor :   3. Cranberry juice or cranberry pills thrice a day can help reduce the symptoms
Doctor :   4. Since you are covered under the insurance,
Doctor :   I also recommend you to consult a gynecologist
Doctor :   who will examine you, perform a urine test and a swab test if possible
Doctor :   to look for infection
User :   Thank you for your suggestions.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor