Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Problems about pimples in the back - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   one big red spot on back every month, very sore for a week then goes away, more red and sore than puss filled but can be squeezed. appears nowhere else. Last one was at xmas and mark is still there. Usually the same area, middle of the back, to the side
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   Hello
Doctor :   Are the lesions painful ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   May i know the approximate size of the lesions ?
User :   not really sore as in unbearable
User :   about 1cm-2cm diameter
Doctor :   ok,
Doctor :   Since how many days are you getting them ?
User :   it will fade in over the next 5 days
User :   probably had this since last summer
User :   maybe one a month
User :   usually just one
Doctor :   ok,
User :   no spots elsewhere
Doctor :   Can you tell about the sites involved ?
User :   on my body?
User :   always back
Doctor :   I mean do they occur on the arms , legs , buttocks etc ?
User :   about halfway down, just off centre usually
Doctor :   ok, i get it
User :   yes just my back
Doctor :   i think they are boils ( folliculitis )
User :   what do i do?
Doctor :   You may need to be put on antibiotics
User :   and why are they there
User :   i have never had this before, i am 34
Doctor :   They occur due to bacteria in blood
User :   best to see GP
Doctor :   the count of the bacteria may not be more as to cause serious disease but they present wth the boils like this
Doctor :   yes, consult your GP
User :   for prescristion and final diagnosis
User :   ok great anything else you think i need to know
Doctor :   to confirm the diagnosis and get the prescription
Doctor :   yes, a long course of antibiotics is needed for this
User :   how long?
Doctor :   if the first course of the antibiotics do not help then you may need to get culture and sensitivity test of the pus and put you on right antibiotics
Doctor :   the duration depends on the class of antibiotic chosen
User :   ok thankyou Dr
User :   goodbye
Doctor :   You are welcme
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye
Doctor :   Take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor