Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Problem of speech in child - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Hi Doctor This is XXXXXXXX
User :   Hello Dr.,
My Daughter is 3 yrs 3 Months old. and she hasnt started talking.
The following are other symptoms : 1. in-digestion problem
2. She uses signed langauge when she require water or any thing.
3. When calls with her name generally she will not respond
4. I believe she dont have the hearing problem, as his brother when ever sings she recognizes and laughs and responds to TV ads and music.
Please suggest me a good doctor or institute in Bangalore As I am fairly new to this place.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   give me few mins i will go through ur case
User :   yup sure thanks..
Doctor :   anytime u consulted speech therapist
User :   No till now..
Doctor :   isit from the birth she is not able to communicate
Doctor :   is she able to tell mama,papa?
User :   she is able to communicate till last 6 months.. she is used to say "akka"(sister) and Adithya ( a neighbour child name)
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   since when she not able to talk anything
User :   after that gradually we moved out of hyderabad.. and we a
Doctor :   ok
User :   have noticed recently stopped talking..
Doctor :   Kids should have a vocabulary of about 20 words by 18 months and 50 or more partial words by the time they turn 2
Doctor :   An infant who isn't responding to sound or who isn't vocalizing is of particular concern
User :   no even at that time she dont have that vocubulary..
Doctor :   have u consulted a ENT specialist
Doctor :   anytime for this problem
User :   Nope..
Doctor :   she might need to be evaluated first with him
Doctor :   later he will refer to speech therapist
User :   Okay..
User :   do u have any contacts of local ENT specialtist..
Doctor :   any other medical problem she has
Doctor :   other than this
Doctor :   is she able to walk and play like normal kids?
Doctor :   did the pediatrician notice this during visits?
User :   yes she is walkiing and playing like a normal child in the house as well as in parks..
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   where are u located
User :   I am in Bangalore..
Doctor :   which part of bangalore i mean
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000
Doctor :   confirm ur details
User :   Near to the Old Airport Road..
User :   yes those are right..
Doctor :  
You can use the search a doctor/hospital feature on our homepage to find a ENT specialist in your area. If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in your area.
Doctor :   ok
User :   Thanks doctor first I will check in the Home page.. and then fix up an appointment..
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Have you filled the feedback form which I have sent?
Doctor :   anything else u want us to help u with
User :   yes.
Doctor :   please do write to us or have chat with us
Doctor :   if u have any problem
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
User :   nothing as of now.. sure.. will check with u once again after checking with her mother..
Doctor :   Alternatively, you can to us over phone at +91-80-0000 between 12noon-6pm IST from Monday to Friday
Doctor :   thankx for visiting healthcaremagic
Doctor :   have a nice day
Doctor :   bye for now
User :   thanks doctor Bye..
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor