Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Problem of getting low erection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   hello, i am 20 years old, i have been sexually active for almost 2 years now, about 6-8 months ago i began to have a problem getting an erection while with a girl. after the first attempt the problem went away and we carried on, a couple of months ago, it came back. and it would happen sporadically (abpout 30-50% of the time). i used to never have this problem but now it seems wheneveri think about sex i become flaccid and anxious. i used to have an extreme sexdrive, with zero problem of getting or maintaining an erection but now its as if my libido is off or something. what could this be?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   let me read your query
Doctor :   do you get anxious before sex ?
User :   well not really, beofre it occured i was not, but now, i dont know, im like praying the problem doesnt occur before sex
Doctor :   it indicates that you may be having performance anxiety
User :   yea alot, ive googled so much lol.
User :   ive had the biggest sex drive my ENTIRE LIFE
User :   and when i was having sex with my first gf, it was like everyday, zero problem.
User :   then when i hooked up with other girls i had no problem, we didnt have sex but it all worked fine for foreplay
Doctor :   so do u agree that you have anxiety about that ?
User :   then this past summer it all started
User :   id say so, i read it could be vascular?
Doctor :   at the age of 20, it is less likely
User :   my diet is pure, i eat like XXXXXXXX lelane with the occasional junk food binge and i workout 6 days a week
User :   i take fish oil and mulit vitamins and creatine thats all.
Doctor :   usually in youngsters, with unsure relationships, which may be the cause of excessive pressure to perform this sort of anxiety occurs
User :   do i need to see a psych?
Doctor :   no
User :   what do i do??
User :   i feel as if my masculinity has been stripped of me
Doctor :   in case you feel that it cannot be managed by your self, and you need some better advice you can see a psych
User :   im constantrly on edge about this
Doctor :   first you need to relax and know in yourself that there is nothing wrong with you at all
User :   i envy others who just have the abilit to work properly and i just cant take it sometimes
Doctor :   good sex depends on confidence
Doctor :   when you lack confidence and the idea of self doubt creeps in, you end up having issues like performance anxiety
User :   sorry i dont mean to personalize th eproblem lol.
Doctor :   But you can always benefit by seeing a sex therapist
User :   i suppose,
Doctor :   no its not about personalisation,
Doctor :   there are 70% of men with this problem
User :   i suppose, but im a broke college kid lol so dont think thats gonna go very far
User :   70%?!
Doctor :   the rest develop confidence after going thru the same
User :   i tried some crap on youtube
User :   about
User :   i forget what its called
User :   hypnotize
User :   oh well, if at first i dont succeed try try again.
Doctor :   that may work , but not always
User :   any tips on getting my confidence back?
Doctor :   you need to know that you are completely normal
Doctor :   spend more time on foreplay and get to know each others body
Doctor :   develop confidence about yourself and let go of being conscious about yourself
User :   just gotta let go
User :   alright, thank you so much for your help doc.
User :   take it easy
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   you are most welcome
Doctor :   take care and have a good day
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor