Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Problem in conceiving, irregular periods - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Getting Pregnant
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr here
User :   Hello Dr.
Doctor :   Plz proceed with your query
User :   I need to consult regarding a gynec problem with my wife
Doctor :   Ok
User :   We got married last August and since then have been trying for a baby but unsuccessful. Let me tell you the reasons that i can think of as of now.
User :   She was having irregular periods to the tune of 45 days and more initially.
Doctor :   Are her regular periods in 45 days only?
User :   But now her periods have become even more irregular. she had her periods after almost more than 60 days. In between she had spottings for a day.
Doctor :   Ok
User :   no they were maximum between 28 to 34 days.
User :   now she had her period after the 62nd day and that too just for a day and it stopped.
User :   usually her periods used to be atleast 4 days. now its just 1 day and thats it
Doctor :   There are many causes of a women not conceiving as PCOD which are cysts in ovary, fibroid, hormonal imbalance etc.
User :   She underwent a treatment suggested by a gynaec using Evecare syrup for a month and then again for a month she was on ovacare tablets but nothing seems to be regularised by now
Doctor :   She needs a complete examination and investigation as USG scan, hormonal evaluation to rule out the cause.
User :   She underwent a thyroid test which shows her TSH level at around 9
Doctor :   This syrup only regulates the cycle, but does not eliminate the cause
User :   Are these tests done at any clinic or leading hospitals only ?
User :   I am from
User :   So considering these circumstances what do you recommend ?
Doctor :   You need to get her Prolactin, FSH. LH. Free T3 and T4 also done.
Doctor :   Also A complete USG scan of the pelvic area is recommended.
User :   Ok. And any additional tests that you recommend or any kind of medication ? Or just these tests and then medication can be suggested depending on the result of the test ?
Doctor :   A Hysterosalpingography test is also recommended
Doctor :   It is study of the tubes to see any blockage and is a kind of X ray.
User :   Any particular hospital in that you recommend for these tests ?
Doctor :   You can get them done anywhere.
Doctor :   Depending on the results the treatment would be started.
User :   In future, if i need to chat with you then what is the best time that you will be available online ?
User :   If you dont mind, can i know your full name please ?
Doctor :   I am available between 8 to 5 and you can ask for me.
Doctor :   Yes i am Dr .
User :   Is it possible that i can email you the restults of the reports of the tests that you suggested ?
Doctor :   You can send it to YYYY@YYYY
User :   ok sure. just a thought. Are you from ?
Doctor :   Yes from
User :   ok. Thank you Dr.. Will you be available during weekends ?
Doctor :   No i am not
User :   ok no issues. I shall get in touch with you with the test results by next week or so. Thanks again for your help.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now
Doctor :   All the Best
User :   Thank you so much.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor