Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Pressure behind the right eye due to scalp haematoma - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   hi
User :   my girlfriend has a concussion and pressure behind her right eye, enough to be making it bulge, she refuses to let me take her to a doctor, what can I do to help her.
Doctor :   When did the incident happen ?
User :   its been around 32 hours ago
Doctor :   ok, Did she loose consciousness m or had vomiting after the incident ?
User :   no, but she has high head pain, she fell in the tub and the goosegg on her head is around three inches in diamater
Doctor :   ok, need not worry ,
Doctor :   the swelling is limiting
Doctor :   and its due to scalp haemotoma
Doctor :   The head ache is a typical symptom an can persist for 48 to 72 hours
User :   she hit the back of her head, art you sure about this
Doctor :   The important signs of intracranial bleed are loss of consciousness and vomiting
Doctor :   yes, i am sure its not serious when even after 32 hours there are no signs of intracranial bleed
Doctor :   but still i would ask you to keep observation on her , and watch for the symptoms
User :   I will, thank you.
Doctor :   You are welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now'
Doctor :   take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor