Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Thyroid test showed increased T3 value. What medicine should I take? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 01-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1544 Questions
User:Hi Doctor
Doctor:Please proceed with the query.
User:I want to ask about the thyroid test results
User:I am23 weeks pregnant, had thrice thyroid test
Doctor:What was the report
User:all the time results were varying.. last week had test, results are like this: T3 2.18 ng/ml, T4 11.20 ug/dl, TSH 1.76 uIU/ml
Doctor:Only your T3 value is increased
Doctor:I think i chatted with you prviously
User:do i need to take medicine
User:ya right
Doctor:well you might need accrding to me, what does your doctor say
User:i couldn't go to doctor, will go this weekend, so wanted to ask you once
Doctor:yes, do not worry
Doctor:even if she tells you to take it will be low dose
User:how long i have to take
Doctor:and for short period
Doctor:you are already 23 weeks
Doctor:till delivery
Doctor:then they will recheck your values
User:ohhh ok...
Doctor:then they should even check your babys after birth, to see whether normal or not.
User:fine.. i will consult doctor.. thank you
Doctor:ok, do not worry till then
Doctor:Kindly login for further queries.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor