Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Have extreme tiredness. Thyroid test is normal. Can it be treated with good nutrition? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 30-May-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hi Good Morning Doctor
Doctor:Good morning
Doctor:Proceed with your query
User:I came to know that I have cove conceived , after consulting gyneacologist last week .
User:I do feel lot of tierdness ......
Doctor:Tiredness can be part of pregnancy symptom.
Doctor:Anemia which is another condition commonly associated with pregnancy also can be the cause.
Doctor:It needs to be investigated.
User:Should i go for anameia test???
Doctor:Your gynecologist will routinely recommend certain basic tests such as blood hemoglobin, thyroid function test and so on.
Doctor:It needs to be done to rule out associated medical conditions.
Doctor:These condition could also be the cause of your symptoms.
User:I went through tyroid test ,It was normal
Doctor:If all the tests come normal, your symptoms can be treated with good nutrition, adequate fluid consumption and good rest.
Doctor:I also would want you to rule out anemia by getting your hemoglobin levels checked.
User:Actually i have taken leave from company since last week .....
User:So soon i want to go back to go to job also......
User:What foood shud i take to avoid tierdness in this condition , i am now 5 weeks pregnant.
Doctor:As I mentioned earlier, tiredness could be due to pregnancy or because of anemia.
Doctor:Rarely this can be a sign of ongoing infection (if there is associated fever).
Doctor:You will need to rule out these possibilities.
Doctor:Discussing with your gynecologist can help you know the cause.
Doctor:If there is no anemia or infection, then tiredness can be treated with regular food, plenty of fruits and vegetables,
User:Ok doctor , One more question .
Doctor:drinking plenty of water/fluids and proper rest.
Doctor:So talk with your gynecologist and find the reason.
User:Actually yesterday i fell from scooter ,while i was going with my husband .
User:I did not get much hurt ...... but then too i am scared .....
Doctor:I understand your fear.
Doctor:If you do not have any abdominal pain
Doctor:or if you are not bleeding from the vagina
Doctor:then you do not need to worry.
User:No ...... There will not be any injury right if thr is no pain
Doctor:If you do not have these symptoms, then your pregnancy is safe.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:I have a blood clot i one of my
User:leg , what to do for that .....
Doctor:Can you elaborate, what you meant by blood clot in the leg?
Doctor:Do you mean there is some skin discoloration on the leg after the fall?
User:Actualy it is paining a lot
Doctor:This is most likely subcutaneous bleed.
Doctor:It will settle down in a few days.
User:ok , thr is no prob right?????
Doctor:You can apply compresses (ice compresses preferably) at the affected region to reduce pain and fasten recovery.
Doctor:It is not a problem.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:No doctor thankyou so much for your suggesstions...
User:Thnaks a lot :)
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:Bye :)
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor