Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Pregnancy for a patient having Endometriosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Getting Pregnant
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hello, I am a 24 year old female and have no children. I had severe endometriosis and cysts and have had 2 laparoscopys done in early jan. 2008. I have had regular periods up until september 4th...i've taken numerous home pregnancy tests as well as blood work at the doctors and all have shown up negative, I've had everything from vomiting,tiredness, very sore breasts and slight pain in my abdomen..I've been to various doctors and haven't had any luck with getting a ultrasound appointment from a doctor...any ideas on what could be going on?
Doctor :   What medications are you taking now?
User :   i am not taking any other than folic acid which my doctor had prescribed because I am trying to get pregnant
User :   she has given me 6 months to try and conceive
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   First you need an Ultrasound to determine whether the Endometriosis has gone down or not.
User : even with the blood work done is there still any chance that i may be pregnant?
Doctor :   Once the Endometriosis has subsided,
User :   the last we checked it had gone down because i was taking lupron at one point..that is the reason why the doctor had given me the 6 months to try and get pregnant
Doctor :   You can try for pregnancy and if that still does not work out then you may need Ovulation induction with drugs like Clomiphene that will cause ovulation in you.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   The scan can tell us what the status of your ovaries and uterus is as of now.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Please close this browser and log in from another browser. Once you make the payment, you can chat with us online, the free trial is over.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor