Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Precautionary measures for conjunctivitis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   i am Dr XXX hete
Doctor :   here **
Doctor :   tell me your query
User :   hello
User :   i have got conjunctivitis
Doctor :   since when ?
User :   from tomorrow
User :   i have not put any medicine
User :   am just washing my eyes with water
User :   oh sorry from yesterday
Doctor :   ok
User :   how do i cure it soon
User :   any precautionary measure that i should take
Doctor :   sure
User :   can u suggest some
Doctor :   warm compress applied to the affected eye can help relieve the discomfort
Doctor :   Damp tea bags placed on the eyes can ease the discomfort of allergic pink eye. For this boil the tea bags and let them cool before placing them on the infected eye. You can also simply make a little stronger tea and then use an eye cup to hold the lukewarm tea in each eye.
User :   ok
User :   how soon i will be fine
Doctor :   never scratch your eyes, as this can put pressure on the cornea and may even worsen the infection. Let your eye heal by itself
User :   thank you doctor
Doctor :   your most welcome
Doctor :   may i know your age
User :   27
Doctor :   ok
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor