Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Post partum pituitary necrosis/sheehan's syndrome - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Brain and Spine
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Hi, I was wondering how long after a child birth post partum hemorrage does it take to show up on MRI that your pituitary is damaged? I have had one over a year ago and still sick....could that still be the problem?
Doctor :   HI
Doctor :   Sheehan's syndrome is generally diagnosed more by the blood evaluations.
Doctor :   and based on the history.
User :   I hemorraged a week after I had her, 6 weeks after hemorraging I got really sick and nobody was finding anything and I am still as sick. I sleep in a recliner because I can't lay flat because I get a choking sensation. I can't gain weight. They diagnosed me with hypothyroidism in January. I feel really sick when I eat and I have lived on zofran for almost 3 years now. I wake up with terrible stomach aches every night.
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I get a nasty rash on my stomach that spreads to my chest and back. My heart skips beats. I have terrible bruising randomly all over my body.
User :   Does this all sound like sheehans? My doctor said they looked for it but said my blood tests were fine.
Doctor :   Have you been evaluated?
User :   I am willing to travel to anyone in the because I lived 26 healthy years of my life and I am 28 and sick all the time. Do you know of anywhere in I can go and get help?
Doctor :   Have you got these hormonal work up serum ACTH levels, TRH levels, FSH and LH
User :   I don't know for sure
User :   I know the acth and fsh have been done, i don't know what the trh is
Doctor :   Sheehan's syndrome very often can have no symptoms, rarely they can cause very vague symptoms.
Doctor :   They are more diagnosed based on these hormone levels.
User :   Well, do you know where I can go that someone might know what is wrong with me?
Doctor :   Since you have been diagnosed to have hypothyroidism, some of your symptoms are related to the it too.
Doctor :   You may have to consult an Endocrinologist for its evaluation.
User :   I have seen one and they didn't find anything
Doctor :   May I know where you are located at?
User :   Do you know of good doctors in I could try?
User :   I have been to one and they didn't find anything
Doctor :   The following link has three of the well known endocrinogist available at .
Doctor :   They are well reputed doctors.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor