Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Possibilty of Menorrhagia - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   hi i had the implant in my arm 1 year ago and i bleed like mad this month has bin the worst i have been bleeding for a hole month and a week is this normal i went to tyhe docs and thay put me on the mini pill to stop it but that has not workied i have lost 1 stone in weight and am not eating like i use to wot is rong with me
Doctor :   Hi
User :   help it is getting me down
User :   hi
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   25
User :   sorry haha 24
Doctor :   Do you have pain?
User :   no only once but nothink
User :   i was clotting last week
User :   so i thought that was the last ov it
User :   but no still goin
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
Doctor :   There are numerous causes for heavy bleeding.
Doctor :   They include uterine problems such as fibroids, DUB and so on.
Doctor :   They can also be caused due to hormonal factors such as the use of contraceptives too.
Doctor :   Since I cannot perform a physical examination, I cannot pinpoint the exact cause for your present problem.
Doctor :   You will need a thorough physical examination and evaluation to know what may be the cause for this over bleeding.
Doctor :   If needed you may need dilatation and curettage too ( a procedure).
Doctor :   Hence I suggest you to consult a gynaecologist for evaluation and the treatment.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   i have to go back to the docs on the3 rd for a smeer but as am still bleeding i dont no wot to do
Doctor :   May I know if the bleeding is heavy flow or just spotting.
User :   heavy
User :   and red not dark
Doctor :   Do you still have clots now? or has the intensity of the bleeds reduced after the use of pills?
User :   no clots but still bleeding
User :   as i was
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since the bleed is still heavy, you would need those evalution,
Doctor :   that will include the blood tests, smear and D&C.
Doctor :   You will need to consult a gynaecologist who will be able to help you with the treatment or the procedure.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no that was all thankyou
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now.
User :   i will call arrowpark hospital and make an appointment
User :   thankyou
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Are you there?
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor