Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Possibility of genital prolapse - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   I have been in menopause for 2 1/2 yrs and recently started to lightly bleed again. Not even to wear a pad or tampon but can see it on tissue after urinating. Also have had a long, tubular painful lump along side the outside of vagina (where hair grows). That lasted a few days but then seem to "migrate" to above my clitoris area. I have notice that sometimes when I urinate I will get an odd twinge of pain that seems to becoming from clitoris area as well. Please help!!!
Doctor :   Hello.
Doctor :   Let me read your query.
Doctor :   Since when are you facing this complaints?
User :   for about 2 weeks
Doctor :   Give me your age?
User :   47
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   For how many days there was bleed?
User :   every day, except maybe 2 or 3. Very light but is bright red.
Doctor :   Could you give me more details about the lump?
Doctor :   How big is it?
User :   it was along the side of vagina, deep and felt tubular maybe about 1 /12 to 2 inches in length. I though it might be a pimple or ingrown hair but I did not see it come to a head. It was painful but after about 4 days I noticed it was gone from there and now have a lump on meaty part (deep) above the clitoris area. Also feels tubular and painful
User :   also about 1 inch long
Doctor :   Ok ,you might be having a prolapse
Doctor :   of the cervix
Doctor :   or uterus
User :   what is a prolapse?
Doctor :   The bleeding that you now have is mostly related to this condition
Doctor :   Prolapse is abnormal protrusion or coming out of the internal genital tract
Doctor :   It is quiet common
User :   are these lumps glands?
Doctor :   How many children have you delivered?
User :   2 children
Doctor :   No they are not glands
Doctor :   Were the deliveries a normal one- via vagina?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Were the babies big?
User :   no small 6 lbs
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Whatever it may be, a swelling warrants a clinical examination by an expert, in this case a
Doctor :   gynaecologist
Doctor :   So please do get yourself an appointment with one
User :   yes. I had a pap smear done 4 months ago and it came back normal.
Doctor :   The swelling is only 2 weeks old right?
User :   yes
Doctor :   So you need a revaluation
Doctor :   This has nothing to do
User :   ok.
Doctor :   with the Pap smear
Doctor :   results
User :   ok
User :   so you do not know why I would have the swelling?
Doctor :   I dont even know what exactly the swelling is, without
Doctor :   clinical examination I can only
Doctor :   guide you regarding the possibilities
Doctor :   Sometimes one cant say for sure what it is, inspite of clinical examination, then we make
Doctor :   use of Ultrasound examination
User :   okay. Thank you
Doctor :   So you not only need a clinical exdamination, but other tests too
User :   ok
User :   thank you
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me at Healthcaremagic. Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor