Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Possibility of HIV infection after anal penetration - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Hi folks. Over a month ago, I went out with friends and got really drunk (completely stupid). I met a guy I didn''t know and things got physical. He were jerking off and then he put his penis into my ass but only a little and only one second, literately. It hurt an insane amout and he immediately pulled out and nothing more happened. I left. I''m wondering if there''s a chance I could have contracted AIDS/HIV. I don''t know the man and I don''t intend to. I haven''t been able to think about anything else this past month! Please give me your opinion. Thank you!
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read it
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Post event, did you have any issue?
User :   any symptoms?
Doctor :   Right
User :   none, i haven't felt anything other than guilt and worry
Doctor :   Fine
Doctor :   Was there any bleeding during the act?
User :   No, I checked as soon as I got to my house and had a long shower.. No blood
Doctor :   And did you penetrate him?
User :   no
Doctor :   Fine
Doctor :   Now, if that person was infected with HIV, then there is a risk
Doctor :   but the probability
Doctor :   you can imagine
Doctor :   is less
Doctor :   Nevertheless, I would suggest you to go for a HIV screening test
Doctor :   after about 6 weeks of the act
User :   OK, I already tried an HIV test I bought online and it was negative.. should i go for another?
Doctor :   What was the method?
Doctor :   in which it was tested?
User :   I took blood using the AAAAAAA
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   But I am not aware of its sensitivity
Doctor :   You should go for a ELISA method
Doctor :   in a good labaratory
User :   ELISA method?
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   that is a methodology to test antibodies
Doctor :   which shall be present in the presence of virus
User :   Where can i do that? Only with my doctor?
Doctor :   You can get it done with your consent
Doctor :   If you are able to go to the laboratory directly
Doctor :   then you can get it done
Doctor :   on your own
Doctor :   if a doctor's order is mandatory
Doctor :   then you should see the doc
User :   OK, so you think the risk is fairly small but you think i shuld get tested again
Doctor :   Right
Doctor :   Is there any thing else I can help you with?
User :   OK, i suppose i feel a little better
User :   No, Thank you
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor