Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Pimple in the right eye which is red,swollen and painful - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u
User :   I have got small pimple like thing in my riight eye from sunday afternoon. Whole eye got swollen and became red
User :   hello doctor
Doctor :   ok
User :   it very painful
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependants: Yes/No
User :   I have taken I am 26 year old lady married and have 3 year old son
User :   36 year old
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u have fever?
User :   no
User :   little headche
Doctor :   from the history given my u, i think ur problem could be boils or 'styes' which are due to colonies of bacteria in and around the eyes.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Another common reason is a refractory error in the eye
Doctor :   i suggest u to consult eye specialist
User :   I have applied neosproin oinment and takem ampilox capsule from yesterday
Doctor :   u might need antibiotic eye drops
Doctor :   ok
User :   one capsule a day
User :   ok
Doctor :   it will take time for infection to come down
Doctor :   Have you filled up the feedback form I sent?
User :   can u suggest something
User :   no can send it again
Doctor :   Keep your hands away from your eyes and practice good hand-washing techniques
Doctor :   do u wear contact lens?
Doctor :   continue with the antibiotics
Doctor :   as prescribed by the physician and complete the course
Doctor :   r u able to follow
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor