Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Phobia, pain at the top of the nose in tricky situations - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Anxiety and Stress
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   Hi, i get a pain in top of my nose when im in tight spaces but somethings even when im not, i know its my mind playing tricks with me, i think i have the phobia of banging my nose, i broke it three years ago and since then its got worse, need help please
Doctor :   Hi
User :   please help me
User :   im paying for this so
Doctor :   May I know your age and gender?
User :   18 and male
Doctor :   Since when are you having these symptoms?
User :   about a month, but a year ago i had it and i forgot about it and its just came back so i know its physcological
User :   i need some ways of getting rid of it
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Let me explain it to you in simple words.
User :   yeah
Doctor :   Yes, your symptoms may be due to psychological factors.
User :   ive been to a doctor and they say nothing is wrong,
User :   they said its all in the mind
Doctor :   The treatment for this is either by use of medical drugs or from the use of repeated exposure to the stimulants causing these symptoms.
User :   Please go on....
User :   what medical drugs can i use?
Doctor :   You would need to consult a psychiatrist for evaluation.
User :   but i need to go thru a doctor to do this, and they say nothing is wrong
User :   so what can i do
User :   how do i do the repeated exposure
Doctor :   The appropriate treatment (either medical drugs or the exposure treatment) would be decided only after the physical evaluation.
Doctor :   Hence I would suggest you to consult a psychiatrist.
User :   do most people get rid of these types of probles
User :   how do i find one of them
Doctor :   Yes.
User :   problems*
User :   how does the medication and exposure treatment work
Doctor :   Since your symptoms are very mild, you would be able to get over it soon.
User :   there not mild, they cause me a lot of problems, its a pain that is uncomfortable
User :   i have to put my hand on my nose to decrease the pain, thats how i know its physcilogical
Doctor :   I mean, phobia's can cause more severe symptoms.
User :   how would i get in touch with a phychiatrust
User :   trist*
User :   do you think it is a phobia
Doctor :   May I know your location?
User :   XXXX
User :   please be quick as possible, only got 15 minutes
User :   only got couple of minutes left
Doctor :   I shall provide you a link thorugh which you may be able to find one.
User :   thankyou
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW
User :   quick, sorry to you bother you
Doctor :   You can use this link to find the one of your choice,
User :   have you ever had anyone else with the same problems as me
Doctor :   Since our website is based in US and India, I am not able to provide you the doctors from our website.
User :   why
User :   thats not right
Doctor :   There have been people with more severe problems.
User :   i pay the same as everyone else
Doctor :   So you would be able to find good results after the consulation.
Doctor :   Do you have any further query that I can assist you with?
User :   what medication is out there
User :   for me
User :   please
User :   the name thats all i want
Doctor :   It is not legal to give you the name of the medications, without a general examination.
Doctor :   I would suggest you to consult a psychiatrist before you start of with any medications.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query that I can assist you with?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor