Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Persistent gastritis, smoking addiction - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   hey its xxxxxx
Doctor :   hixxxxxx
Doctor :   please go ahead with ur medical query
User :   sometimes i get gastric problem
Doctor :   since how long
User :   i usually take Antacid
User :   recently its increased
Doctor :   u mean to say burning sensation on chest isit
Doctor :   ok
User :   yes lever and chest
Doctor :   ok
User :   i am vegetarian
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   age-25,married,xxxxxx,dependents yes
Doctor :   ok
User :   i took very less spices
Doctor :   ok
User :   so what you suggest?
Doctor :   r u taking any medication as of now
Doctor :   Do you smoke or chew tobacco/drink alcohol/Any illicit drugs/ betel nut chewing? If yes how much/how often?
Doctor :   As this is an online consultation, I have to ask you a few questions because I cannot examine you. It will take some time so please be patient.
User :   nop
User :   smoke yes but once in a two weeks time
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   u need to quit smoking
Doctor :   as well
Doctor :   any other medical problems do u have
User :   ok i agree and i will
User :   and one more thing
Doctor :   anytime was the endoscopy done
User :   PAn after dinner i usually take
Doctor :   ok
User :   but its without tobocco
Doctor :   did that give u any relief
Doctor :   ok
User :   does it should also stopped
Doctor :   please avoid taking pan
Doctor :   as well
Doctor :   not good for health
User :   ok i will take care
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   avoid taking spicy food, no coffee
Doctor :   tea,
User :   Tea?
Doctor :   oily food
Doctor :   yes tea as well
Doctor :   i suggest u to get a endoscopy done
Doctor :   along with ecg
Doctor :   since u have this problem for long time
Doctor :   r u able to follow
User :   yes
Doctor :   also dont take citrus fruits like lemon juice when u have this problem
Doctor :   it will aggravate increasing the acid content
Doctor :   avoid wearing tight upper body tee shirts
Doctor :   have food two hours before u go to bed
Doctor :   if ur overweight, u need to reduce ur weight
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   any doubts please ask me
User :   yes
User :   my weight is on higher side
User :   and working on the same
User :   i never wear tight t shirts
Doctor :   all u need to lose weight is by strict diet control and exercise
User :   i took Tea 4-5 times in a day So shall i reduced that too
Doctor :   avoid taking tea
Doctor :   totally until the ulcer heals
Doctor :   ok
User :   i did ultrasound in Nov last year
Doctor :   u might need two weeks of anti ulcer treatment
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   I would recommend you to take the advice of a nutritionist who can help you with the menu you require based on your diet patterns.
For all weight problems, please visit and register at www.xxxxxx.xxxxxx, you can also call them alternatively at 0000
Doctor :   can u type in the ultrasound report
Doctor :   r u there
User :   ok doctor catch you tomm with report
User :   Thanks
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   bye for now
Doctor :   have a nice day
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY Mobile : 0000
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor