Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Permanent birth control measures - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Birth Control
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you/
Doctor :   Are you with me?
User :   Hello Dr.
Doctor :   Hello
Doctor :   Proceed with your query.
User :   Would like to know for family planning whats the best option
Doctor :   That depends on the individual. There are methods like, Oral pills, condoms, safe period method.
User :   would like to opt for permanent no family.
Doctor :   If your periods are almost perfectly regular and you can calculate the fertile period, then you can go for safe period method or barriers.
Doctor :   Ok\
User :   no,,,need an solution.
Doctor :   If youu want a permanent method then there is either vasectomy or tubectomy.
Doctor :   Vasectomy is done in males where the tubes carrying the sperms are tied up.
Doctor :   It does not cause any decrease in sexual desire or male characters.
Doctor :   In the female tubectomy is done where the tubes carrying the eggs are tied up.
Doctor :   Are you with me?
User :   difference
User :   there ?
Doctor :   Vasectomy is a relatively minor procedure than tubectomy.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor