Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Periods lasts for 3 days - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I got my period for 3 days then it stopped for 3 days and started up again. Now I'm on day 5 of having it after it started up again. I'm wondering if this is normal or if and when I should get it checked out.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :  
Doctor :   let me read ur query
Doctor :   ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   may i know ur age , weight height
User :   i'm 27 5`5 and 250 lbs
Doctor :   have u had similar episodes prior to this ?
User :   no I have not, but I do have irregular periods
Doctor :   may i know if ur periods were regular before ?
Doctor :   may i know the duration of your menstrual cycle ?
User :   they were before I had my son 7 years ago then they became a week late or early every month
Doctor :   may i know if u are bleeding normally ( the qty of bleeding )
Doctor :   is it low , high, is there any clots ?
Doctor :   Do u have any pain during your current periods ?
User :   it usally starts heavy then spots at the end. sometimes I have pain but not every month, and again sometimes there are clots, not every month
Doctor :   this does not seem normal, as periods should not last for 5 days again with a prior period just about week before
Doctor :   are u taking any pills for contraception or are u on any intrauterine device ?
User :   no I am
User :   my husband and I would like to have more children some day soon
Doctor :   so u are planning to have kids again , soon
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   now you need to get your periods to become regular again
User :   how can I do that
Doctor :   and an evaluation to know the cause of ur irregular periods and pain during periods
User :   ok
Doctor :   You may need an ultrasound pelvis , and blood tests (FSH, LH, thyroid levels) for complete evaluation
User :   ok, thank you
Doctor :   you can consult a gynaecologist, who can help you to regularise your periods and evaluate you as well
User :   thank you for your help
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help u with ?
User :   nope thank you
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor