Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Perimenopausal symptoms on women - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2560 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   my mother is 41 years old and her period usually lasts 7 days but she has had it for 11 days now and the flow is a heavy again.she is worried it might be something serious. her doctor said it was normal but pharmacist said it was. please help.
Doctor :   Are her periods normal in the past?
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Does she have any other medical illness?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Menstrual irregularities are known to occur after the age of 40 years.
Doctor :   They are symptoms of perimenopausal symptoms.
Doctor :   However other gynaecological conditions too can cause such disturbances.
User :   so is it serious
Doctor :   It is better that she consults a gynaecologist for a physical examination, if any such gynaecological causes are responsible for these disturbances.
Doctor :   Do you follow what I have suggested?
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor