Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Penis skin has moved over the head and its not coming back - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   i need urologist
Doctor :   How can I help you ?
User :   my penis skin has moved over the head but is not coming back
User :   this is foreskin
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   When did it happen ?
Doctor :   Are you having any pain ?
User :   two days back
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   You mean to say that the retracted fore skin has stayed back and is not able to be brought to the front to cover the head or glans of the penis ?
User :   yes, it seems to be stuck
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Was your foreskin always tight
Doctor :   or is it the first time it happened ?
User :   it used to back a little and then would come back in couple of hours, however this time is has gone back quite lot almost from the head 50% and has not come back
Doctor :   Can you see the smegma or white cheesy material under your fore skin ?
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   This is called Para Phimosis
User :   yesterday some drops of white liquid look like sperm released when i was trying to pull back
Doctor :   Paraphimosis occurs when the foreskin of an uncircumcised male cannot be pulled back over the head of the penis. Symptoms: The foreskin is pulled back (retracted) behind the rounded tip of the penis (glans) and stays there.
User :   ok whats the way to get it back
Doctor :   1.Pressing on (compression of) the head of the penis while pushing the foreskin forward may reduce the swelling due to paraphimosis. 2. If this fails, prompt surgical circumcision will be needed.
Doctor :   If paraphimosis is left untreated, it can disrupt blood flow to the tip of the penis. In extreme (and rare) cases, this may lead to: Damage to the penis tip
Loss of the penis tip
Doctor :   These are the best options : Circumcision is the most common operation. The surgeon separates the foreskin from the head of the penis (if it is stuck down), cuts the foreskin away and closes the incision with stitches. The glans will seem very sensitive after the operation, because it is not used to being exposed. Most men have erections during their sleep, so for a few weeks after the operation, you may wake in the middle of the night with a sore penis; taking a pain-relieving medication at bedtime will help. Wear loose boxer shorts and use a condom during sex for the first month or two.
If the doctor thinks the cause is balanitis xerotica obliterans, steroid creams will be used first; this often relieves the condition for several years, but eventually circumcision is usually needed.
Preputioplasty is a lesser operation. It involves making a vertical incision in the foreskin and then stitching it crosswise to widen the opening; it usually leaves a very normal appearance.
Doctor :   May I know in which city do you stay ?
Doctor :   I would advise you to immediately visit a Urologist and get the treatment.
Doctor :   Please do not delay.
Doctor :   Are you there ?
Doctor :   Are you there ?
Doctor :   Do you want to ask anything else ?
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries,I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me.Take care, Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor