Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Penis of a newborn seems to be deformed - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   i'm concerned about my newborn son. he was successfully born about two weeks ago, but i noticed when changing his diaper than his penis seems deformed. he doesnt seem to have a head on his penis; skin covers the whole thing and it's tight at the end.
Doctor :   ok
User :   my husband's penis doesnt have this skin, its just the shaft and then the head, fully exposed
Doctor :   does the baby urinate properly
User :   yes, but when will my son's penis's head show?
User :   it's got excess skin
Doctor :   ok
User :   my husband doesn't have this
Doctor :   its better for pedaitrcian
Doctor :   see the case
Doctor :   but this type of problem doesnot run in family
User :   i heard there's an operation to change the appearance of my son's penis, but i don't know much about it
User :   that's a relief
Doctor :   if needed surgery can be done
User :   what's it called?
Doctor :   some times
User :   so i can bring it up
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   but for these operation your child should be
Doctor :   atleast 8m-1yr
User :   but like my son's penis has skin that glides over the head and stuff, but my husband's skin is not mobile
User :   he cannot pull skin over his head of his penis
User :   why are they different?

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor