Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Penis not developed, 45 years - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   hello sir /madam i am a 45 five year old male with a very emberassing problem my penis just has not developed i have hid this problem all my life due to the embarresment i have never asked my gp about this as i was to embarrased can anything be done to correct this problem also i use to wear very tight clothing when i was in teens due to fashion at that time i am scared to find a girlfriend as i wouldnt be able to satisfy her this is making me so unhappy could the tight clothing stopped the development of my penis can hormones help me should i have asked about them when i was a teenager please help
User :   Hi
User :   did u see my post
User :   Let me read the query.
User :   ok
User :   are u a urologist
User :   I am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   Can you mention, the size of your erect penis?
User :   about 4 inches and thin
User :   Do you have good facial hair development?
User :   yes
User :   Is the hair growth on the axilla and pubic area normal?
User :   yes
User :   and body hair normal
User :   Do you have any problems in achieving erection? If no, can you sustain an erection, once penis is in erect state?
User :   Have you faced any problems with ejaculations?
User :   yes can sustain erection
User :   no
User :   Please provide your height and weight and details of past medical illness and treatments if any?
User :   could tight clothing have been reason
User :   5 ft 6 inches
User :   80 kg
User :   no ilness before
User :   Are you married?
User :   no
User :   why
User :   Do you have any problems with sexual intercourse?
User :   not really
User :   Ok

User :   Let me brief you.
User :   ok
User :   From the details provided by you, I do not find any symptoms indicating a growth or developmental problems.
User :   Penis size can vary among individuals.
User :   why so small
User :   what about tight clothing
User :   can that stop development
User :   A size of above 3.5 inches in the erect state is normal for a sexual function.
User :   can anything be done
User :   to increase size
User :   Tight clothing can affect the size of the penis, if such an exposure was around during times of puberty.
User :   yes it was
User :   At present, based on the evidence and scientific facts, an absolute increase in the size to a significant amount is unlikely.
User :   However straightening surgeries can be done, to relatively increase the size of the penis.
User :   u think the tight clothing could have stopped the development
User :   Such surgeries are beneficial in both length and girth.
User :   i was a teenager following the fashion
User :   Its difficult to predict, if the tightening of the clothes was the lone cause.
User :   would hormones help me
User :   increase size and girth
User :   You can get your testosterone and DHEA levels checked to make sure that there are no deficiencies.
User :   If any abnormality is detected, you might be put on supplements.
User :   would they increase penis size
User :   if there was a deiciancy
User :   If hormone deficiency is found, then there can be effective increase in size with the supplements.
User :   Please confirm your age?
User :   even after puberty
User :   45
User :   At your age of 45 as mentioned by you,
User :   the increase in both length and girth is difficult with hormones alone.
User :   can hormones still work
User :   You might need to consult a cosmetic surgeon for the needful.
User :   The surgery will give you long term benefits and results.
User :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   does hormones not work after puberty
User :   to increase size
User :   The effectivity of the hormones on penis size is unpredictable after the age of 25 years.
User :   Hence, I would strongly recommend you to go ahead with evaluation by a cosmetic surgeon or an urologist.
User :   Both can perform the surgery for you.
User :   i should have went to doctors when i was teenager
User :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   Surgery can help you at this age too.
User :   Hence, I suggest you to consider them, if you are interested.
User :   yes was thinking about surgery
User :   they seem very good at that kind of surgery
User :   sex change ect
User :   You can get this at the place of your choice.
User :   can u reccomend anyone
User :   it has to go right
User :   is penis size genetic
User :   As I am based in India, I will not be able to specify the best doctor for you at your location or at Thailand.
User :   what about india
User :   i know ther is a clinic
User :   sex hormone centre
User :   In India, you can approach specialist from our panel itself who can do it for you.
User :   is penis size genetic
User :   He is having clinic, and speciaises in performing such surgeries.
User :   who is that
User :   You can see my recommendation on right hand side.
User :   Click on it to obtain a consultation from him.
User :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   ok
User :   you can also follow this link to reach him
User :   is penis size genetic
User :   Yes, its governed by genetic factors,
User :   but can be modified with hormones and surgery.
User :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no
User :   Thanks for consulting me.
User :   Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor