Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Pelvic pain due to ovarian cyst - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
User :   Have been having pelvic pain and a peiord every two weeks that lasts about 7 days for a few months. I had a ultrasound and have multiple hyperechoic foci have been demonstrated within endometrium and subendometrial regions.Small amount of fluid/blood in the emdometraial canal.Two Nabothian cysts in cervix.Few follicles in left ovary, one of them has the internal lacy appearance of haemorrhagie cyst.Left ovary is noted to be immoblie. What is wrong Thanks
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read what you have typed
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   35
Doctor :   When did you have the ULtrasound scan?
User :   last thursday
Doctor :   Is the pelvic pain constant or is periodic?
User :   Constant it is like my inside are coming out and i get back pain to
Doctor :   The USG report suggests infection in the endometrial region which is the inner lining of uterus.
Doctor :   Also the ovary has cyst which is a fluid filled structure and it can also be due to the hormonal imbalance. Were your hormonal tests like LH, FSH, and Prolactin also done?
User :   Yes they r fine
Doctor :   Nabothian Cyst is a mucus filled swelling on the surface of cervix
Doctor :   Were your periods regular before? Do you have any other symptoms?
User :   Yes they were fine every month and lasted 4-5 days . My tummy fells blotted all the time i have put on some weight that i cant lose
Doctor :   Since left ovary is immobile it indicates Endometriosis could also be there which is characterized by the presence of tissue identical to endometrium outside uterine cavity and cause adhesions causing immobility of the ovary.
Doctor :   Do you have severe pain during periods?
Doctor :   It is further corelated with the examination findings.
User :   alot of time i get pain that take my breath away. What is an immobile ovary
Doctor :   Since adhesions are present mobility of ovary is hampered
Doctor :   Are you on any medications right now?
User :   no
Doctor :   Were you advised USG by your treating doc?
User :   What is USG
Doctor :   I mean Ultrasound Scan
User :   Yes i had that
Doctor :   You need to meet your treating doc and also get yourself examined. You would be advised medications for treating endometriosis which are given for few months.
Doctor :   Have you completed your family?
User :   Yes i had my tube tired after my last
Doctor :   Ok since it does affect the pregnancy.
Doctor :   Usually hormonal medications are given for treatment for few months.
User :   but my hormons r fine
Doctor :   It depends on the range of the hormonal levels and the treatment is decided accordingly. Also for the pain Pain killers may be prescribed
User :   I dont have cancer
Doctor :   Many of the available medical treatments for endometriosis rely on interruption of the normal cyclical hormone production by the ovaries. These medications include GnRH analogs, oral contraceptive pills, and progestins.
Doctor :   No not at all
Doctor :   DO not worry, it is completely treatable
User :   Thanks
Doctor :   And is very common in this age group
Doctor :   Do not Panic at all
Doctor :   Juat take treatment
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor