Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Pelvic pain due to a cyst that is growing - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
User :   I stopped my period just over a week ago, it lasted 14 day and the first 4 days wer just spotting... and now I am having some bad cramps, some spotting and moderate to severe pain in my right pelvic/lower abdomen area. I have at least one cyst on my right ovary that was close to 3 cm when it was last checked... is this the cyst causing me problems or could it be something else?
Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here. Let me read what you have typed.
User :   ok
Doctor :   the pain that you describe could be due to the cyst getting bigger
User :   ok.
Doctor :   when was the last scan done?
User :   around January i think
Doctor :   i recommend you to report to your treating doctor immediately and get a repeat scan done on an urgent basis to rule out any rupture.
Doctor :   and get the cramps under control
User :   it hurts to have intercourse and my back hurts and it feels like i am being stabbed in my lower abdomen/pelvic area
Doctor :   all of these symptoms suggest possible growth of the cyst and PID (pelvic inflammatory diseases ) which should be treated
User :   ok
Doctor :   have you folowed what I have said?
User :   yes
Doctor :   is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   no there is not thank you!
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
User :   bye
Doctor :   Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.
Doctor :   Please refer your friends to our service.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor